L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
Okay, like why? Why is there black box's now around all the dates and crap? Its bad enough I can't remove the chat thing that's now right in the open ro rhe top right with that God awful little lime green box, now this! Is it friggen just me or is everyone's like this? I despise change and I don't see any good reason for this feature aside from giving people anxiety! What is the purpose of this?

Reactions: psp3000, OceanBlue, Eternal Bliss and 4 others
JAlexa

JAlexa

Sleeping my life away... šŸ’¤
Oct 10, 2021
Yeah... I noticed the change earlier this week. Didn't see an announcement for it, and nobody brought it up so I assumed it was a browser incompatibility on my end.

I'm not a fan of it either - all 3 black boxes stand out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the forum interface (which looks quite nice, props to whoever designed the UI/UX). Mostly because nothing else on this site appears in the same shade of black. I hope it's a test feature because it is genuinely atrocious lol, and that's on dark mode:
Screenshot 20230616 232535
I imagine it's even worse in light mode.

• Love
Reactions: Leiden and jaxxon_sunn
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, rationaltake and Leiden
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
I hope it's a test feature too and everything that you said ..yes exactly @JAlexa

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
You do know that if you click on your profile picture at the top of the page, under your account and preferences, you can change the style of the website. I use the SS light 2019 style.

Reactions: Skathon
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
@FuneralCry No I didn't. Thank you. You can also scroll down on any page and you can change it there as well. I've tried all the dark modes and this one is the best for me. Each time things change, I have to get used to it all over again. Its hard for me. Wow though, you're in light mode! I couldn't even imagine ( for me) the horror of having this on light mode. Everything I do is always in dark mode, unless it can't be. With these new black boxes, there's zero point of having it and I hate them.

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Yeah, I use dark (2022) and it's weird - doesn't show the reaction score as before, illegible colors and it seemed like the signatures were gone too. Hope it's just a test.
Ssss

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
someone wanna open a suggestion for that, I'd upvote it
also @OP, are you viewing this site on a desktop browser, if yes, which?

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
@Leiden @JAlexa @OceanBlue You can customise your browser's css stying with.. basically any css extension, idk about mobile browsers, if you use one that supports extensions search for one that let's you customise css.

I put this in mine and now it looks a lot better imo.
CSS:
.message-userTitle {
    background-color: unset;
    border-bottom: none;
}
.message-userExtras .pairs {
    background: rgba(0,0,0,0.15);
}

.message-userExtras .pairs i {
    background: unset;
}

I'm on chromium browser and I use an extension called "User JavaScript and Css".
And on a Firefox based browser I use "Custom Css Injector".

If you wanted to remove the chat icon from the top right you could add

CSS:
a.p-navgroup-link.p-navgroup-link--chat {
    display: none;
}

• Informative
Reactions: JAlexa, saddestbunny and vitbar