DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Over the phone obviously. Hm....im tempted to tell her about my suicidality. About how I wanted to kill myself but my brother talked me out of it twice. About how I have been hating everyone because I have been abused and tormented by so many people and how nobody loved me. That I am thinking about ending my life because the pain of living for other people is no greater than the pain of trying to live for myself, who I hate. That she might as well all a hospital and lock me up and make me even more suicidal. I dunno I am just done man

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Nemy, redbutterfly and 2 others
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Wishing you the best of luck and I hope everything goes well!

M

melp

Aug 5, 2020
You want help from a therapist? Get to know the legal situation in your country. See if they can refer you to a hospital for forced treatment without your permission. You don't want to hurt others, you're not dangerous. I don't know why a therapist would treat you badly. It could be that you don't go too deep into the subject of suicide. I once told a psychiatrist I wanted to kill myself and I'm planning to. I got the pills and that's it.

Reactions: Lupgevif
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Therapists can be an amazing thing if you need someone to talk to. Be careful what you say since they tend to be mandated reporters. I could say "sometimes I think I would be better off dead", but I can't say "here is how I plan to kill myself when I'm ready to go".

Basically talk about suicidal thoughts, but never mention a plan or intention, and deny those if asked. It sucks, but you'll lose your freedom real fast if you say you plan to act on your feelings.

Reactions: Lupgevif
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
You want help from a therapist? Get to know the legal situation in your country. See if they can refer you to a hospital for forced treatment without your permission. You don't want to hurt others, you're not dangerous. I don't know why a therapist would treat you badly. It could be that you don't go too deep into the subject of suicide. I once told a psychiatrist I wanted to kill myself and I'm planning to. I got the pills and that's it.
This. Check the laws where you live; but I have told all therapists I've had so far I "want to" commit suicided and that I've been through the "initial planning stages". Literally all of them said something generic about how I shouldn't do it and then moved on. I could even say they forget about it, since I am always the one to touch on this subject. Perhaps they were shit therapists (which I don't doubt), but getting into the subject of "wanting to commit suicide" did not immediatelly trigger any alarms nor I received any threat of being locked in a ward.

Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Im weaning off pills. My psychiatrist is a bitch. Like I dunno anymore. Living is just painful and I have a massive headache

M

melp

Aug 5, 2020
Which group do you take the pills from? Antidepressants, antipsychotics or what?
If you take your medication for a long time, think twice. Possible withdrawal syndrome, seizures, etc. Depending on the group of substances. Always reduce the dose slowly.

You also need patience with tablets, and a lot of it. Psychiatrists seem to be similar everywhere. It's not that medications cannot harm you, but, for example, after a brief SSRI therapy, the body returns to its original state within a year. You'll be where you've been, possible fears or other surprises to return.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I've told my T and another professional that I have a plan and am "waiting for something in the mail." I'm not young and I know there's a Burden to Report Law here for professionals. I guess I'm trustworthy :shy: :ahhha: but so far five people who know haven't done anything. I wish it deterred me from following through with it...

Still, it's nice to be able to talk about it without worrying about getting a knock at the door. I would say check the laws and then ask your therapist point blank: "what would happen if I told you I had a plan?" There is nothing against laws about asking a hypothetical question.