GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Otherwise I'm gonna end up catching that bus impulsively, drunk. And that's not the way to do it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Existingnotliving, Emily_Numb and 1 other person
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Have you ever heard of Kratom? I've heard that it is effective on keeping alcoholics off drinking and it's much less hard on the liver, too.

Reactions: Huntfish34
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Have you ever heard of Kratom? I've heard that it is effective on keeping alcoholics off drinking and it's much less hard on the liver, too.
I'm too old to get into new drugs, I feel.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I'm too old to get into new drugs, I feel.

It's not as addictive and it's legal too (in most of the US). Tapering is also a painless process. If not for it I'd either be back on an SSRI or dead by this point. At least, I think it would be worth looking into.

GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
It's not as addictive and it's legal too (in most of the US). Tapering is also a painless process. If not for it I'd either be back on an SSRI or dead by this point. At least, I think it would be worth looking into.
I'm in the UK. Maybe I'll do some research. I wouldn't mind doing shrooms again before cbt.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Emily_Numb
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Otherwise I'm gonna end up catching that bus impulsively, drunk. And that's not the way to do it.
I'm in exactly the same boat. 3 years sober until last September and been of an on since then. Like you, when I'm drunk I make impulsive and rash decisions like self harming, jumping out of windows, wanting to jump off a local bridge... and I need to cut that shit out. Once I drink I don't stop. I've never been to AA but I'm reading a book called Alcohol Explained. I've read a few other books last time I quit for a long period. AA and a spiritual solution to my problems isn't for me but you've got to do what you've got to do in order to keep yourself safe and to CTB on YOUR terms, not the alcohol.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and GravityUtilizer
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I'm in the UK. Maybe I'll do some research. I wouldn't mind doing shrooms again before cbt.
Magic Truffles are easy to come by over here in the UK. I import them from Amsterdam quite often. It's a grey area in terms of legality. They may get stopped at customs, but you just ignore the letters and let the seller know. This is all on normal clear web, not the dark net or anything. Tbh I love truffles and one of the only escapes I have when trying to be sober. We all need some form of escape. Doesn't need to be an out of control dose.

• Love
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019

Damn, that complicates things as I'm pretty sure it's banned there (what isn't?)

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Damn, that complicates things as I'm pretty sure it's banned there (what isn't?)
Yes. Can't get Kratom here. Tbh Kratom is addictive in itself though so probably not advisable. Good for opioid withdrawals though from what I know.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yes. Can't get Kratom here. Tbh Kratom is addictive in itself though so probably not advisable. Good for opioid withdrawals though from what I know.

Yeah but it's like being addicted to coffee and not nearly as bad as GABA addiction. I've totally stopped drinking when i started this stuff albeit I wasn't physically addicted to alcohol.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Yeah but it's like being addicted to coffee and not nearly as bad as GABA addiction. I've totally stopped drinking when i started this stuff albeit I wasn't physically addicted to alcohol.
GABA is illegal here too but I never really knew why. I actually bought some back from the US. Do you mean GABA the supplement? Had no idea it was an addictive substance! Wow

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
GABA is illegal here too but I never really knew why. I actually bought some back from the US. Do you mean GABA the supplement? Had no idea it was an addictive substance! Wow

No, GABA as in your GABA-receptors. Substances that act upon them such as alcohol, benzo's and barbs.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
No, GABA as in your GABA-receptors. Substances that act upon them such as alcohol, benzo's and barbs.
Ha ha ha! I was like.... damn, 'I need to actually open these supplements and try them' for a minute there. :pfff: