TrapForYou

TrapForYou

Jul 25, 2024
I'll be alone until tomorrow night, so this is my chance to try to ctb. I'm aware of the risks, but since I don't have anything else, and all the other stuff I've tried has failed, I'll be attempting a salt overdose. If it fails, I'll update this with how it went for anyone who may be considering this as well. If not, then finally.

Before attempting, I'll try to relax a bit first (because as much as I want to ctb, I'm scared as fuck of the pain), play some games, that kinda stuff. Then I'll take a shower and ingest at least 200g of salt mixed in water before going to sleep. If I manage not to thow it up, then that should be it. I usually fall deep asleep after a shower, especially if I had to wake up early and go to work (which was the case today). So I don't know, I hope I don't wake up to feel any of the symptoms. And according to what I've read, people tend to fall unconscious a few hours after overdosing on salt, so yeah.

Again, I'm scared as fuck, but I guess there's way worse in terms of pain. I just need a little sacrifice before reaching my goal.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Praestat_Mori, Zhendou and 6 others
EG1141

EG1141

Aug 12, 2024
Best of luck, I've never heard of someone ODing from salt, but I assume you've done your research. What type of salt do you plan to use?

Reactions: hereornot and Zhendou
holdont1llmay

holdont1llmay

death/bad girl
Aug 11, 2024
Im hoping you get the peace you are searching for

Reactions: Zhendou
huntermellow

huntermellow

another bpd death statistic
Aug 6, 2024
i hope you find peace. i had no idea you could overdose on salt

Reactions: Zhendou
dreamcatcher90

dreamcatcher90

Aug 3, 2024
it's not gonna kill you. You'll just get sick.

Reactions: spirittheyregone, tenshi天神, CatLvr and 4 others
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
From what I've read you are just gonna make yourself really sick. You body is really good at throwing up what it perceives as toxic and this is probably what is gonna happen.

I wish I could bid you peace and contentment on your journey, but I'm kinda worried it's just gonna make you feel worse. Especially since you are afraid of the pain.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, GoatHerder and Zhendou
maniac116

maniac116

Aug 10, 2024
I'll be alone until tomorrow night, so this is my chance to try to ctb. I'm aware of the risks, but since I don't have anything else, and all the other stuff I've tried has failed, I'll be attempting a salt overdose. If it fails, I'll update this with how it went for anyone who may be considering this as well. If not, then finally.

Before attempting, I'll try to relax a bit first (because as much as I want to ctb, I'm scared as fuck of the pain), play some games, that kinda stuff. Then I'll take a shower and ingest at least 200g of salt mixed in water before going to sleep. If I manage not to thow it up, then that should be it. I usually fall deep asleep after a shower, especially if I had to wake up early and go to work (which was the case today). So I don't know, I hope I don't wake up to feel any of the symptoms. And according to what I've read, people tend to fall unconscious a few hours after overdosing on salt, so yeah.

Again, I'm scared as fuck, but I guess there's way worse in terms of pain. I just need a little sacrifice before reaching my goal.
There's so much that can go wrong with salt od. Waking up with organs damaged (esp kidneys).
I'm not trying to talk you into or out of anything, Id just hate to see a suffering person add to their suffering.
I do wish you peace whatever you decide to do but the downsides to that method out way the effectiveness by a wide margin.
Peace🌹💔

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, CatLvr and Zhendou
C

CantDoIt

Student
Jul 18, 2024
May you feel better in whatever you do. I will say more, however, that there was another person here who overdosed on salt here who didn't meant to, but it was around the lethal dose and they didn't recommend it. It didn't kill them and it also made them feel kind of physically bad.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, CatLvr and Zhendou
maniac116

maniac116

Aug 10, 2024
If it does work, it's very possible it's because of brain swelling which would be a bad road to travel. Seizures will happen while you're conscious. By far most people don't succeed & mess their bodies up badly. Dialysis 3 times a week sounds terrible to me.
No disrespect meant. I just don't want you to suffer.🌹💔

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, CatLvr, Zhendou and 1 other person
A

Aprilfarewell4

Mage
Apr 9, 2024
someone else said they took too much salt the other day. as expected they didn't die. this salt idea circulating is a bad idea. People should NEVER EVER have to resort to crude methods and guesswork. tragic and cruel.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, maniac116, CatLvr and 2 others
G

genoke

Aug 13, 2024
Statistically all overdoses you have a 96-97% fail rate and youre trying salt. So maybe you should reconsider. Unless worse case scenario is you just throw it up. Which you will. This will not get you where you want to go.

The only salt water that is gonna kill you reliably and mercilessly is the ocean.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, GoatHerder, maniac116 and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you all the best.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Zhendou
TrapForYou

TrapForYou

Jul 25, 2024

Update: I'm a fucking failure. Unable to drink all of that shit yesterday, went to sleep, woke up feeling awful (mentally). Tried again, I drank a whole glass (I didn't even bother to look at how much salt was in it) and immediately had to throw up. My throat and nose burn from the salt. I drank (normal) water and now here I am. I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to go and be happy with her on the other side. I'm crying my eyes out right now realizing that I just can't kill myself no matter what.

Also, for anyone considering, don't. It's a waste of time. You'll just throw up.
I'm thinking about the train near my house. But I don't know. It's way too slow. Maybe if I made sure to hit my head first...?

• Hugs
Reactions: spirittheyregone, not-2-b-the-answer, damienlerone03 and 4 others
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
@dreamcatcher90 not the most empathetic response!

@TrapForYou in the nicest possible way it seems like you might need to take a step back and not do anything impulsive right now.

Reactions: CatLvr, Praestat_Mori and kipper
kipper

kipper

Mar 11, 2023
Sorry to hear you're going through that. Unfortunately dying is difficult, it's not your fault, many of us here have also failed in our attempts to free ourselves. For now, take it easy and rest. I wish you well.

Reactions: CatLvr and Praestat_Mori
dreamcatcher90

dreamcatcher90

Aug 3, 2024
@dreamcatcher90 not the most empathetic response!

@TrapForYou in the nicest possible way it seems like you might need to take a step back and not do anything impulsive right now.
I was legit worried about op and yeah, overreacted.

Worrying that person will end up in 100 times worse situation than current.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, betternever2havbeen, CatLvr and 1 other person
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
@TrapForYou take a deep breath and cry all you need to. You are NOT a failure. Dying is hard work. You are clearly grieving right now and that is not the best time to make any decisions, muchless deciding on ctb, or how to do that. Please slow down just a little bit. I know you are in a hurry to get it done, but in that haste you are only causing yourself more suffering. Which NONE of us want for you.

Reactions: spirittheyregone, not-2-b-the-answer and betternever2havbeen
maniac116

maniac116

Aug 10, 2024
If it does work, it's very possible it's because of brain swelling which would be a bad road to travel. Seizures will happen while you're conscious. By far most people don't succeed & mess their bodies up badly. Dialysis 3 times a week sounds terrible to me.
No disrespect meant. I just don't want you to suffer.🌹💔

Update: I'm a fucking failure. Unable to drink all of that shit yesterday, went to sleep, woke up feeling awful (mentally). Tried again, I drank a whole glass (I didn't even bother to look at how much salt was in it) and immediately had to throw up. My throat and nose burn from the salt. I drank (normal) water and now here I am. I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to go and be happy with her on the other side. I'm crying my eyes out right now realizing that I just can't kill myself no matter what.

Also, for anyone considering, don't. It's a waste of time. You'll just throw up.
I'm thinking about the train near my house. But I don't know. It's way too slow. Maybe if I made sure to hit my head first...?
You're not a failure!
You just haven't succeeded yet.
You should maybe drink lots of fluids today to avoid organ damage which will just add to your misery.
I wish you peace & love🌹💔

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr and not-2-b-the-answer
damienlerone03

damienlerone03

reject humanity, return to monke
May 5, 2024
@TrapForYou Okay so this is a lot to take in but hang with me for a sec.

I may be wrong but I think ODing on salt CAN work, im pretty sure that can induce hypernatremia which leads to cellular dehydration, brain damage, cardiovascular strain, and organ failure. But to actually DIE from it you need to consuming an extreme amount of salt in a short period of time. So by the time you try, you'll probably throw up. It's very difficult and other methods are much easier and accurate.

Also you are NOT a failure, don't let me catch you saying that again bro or else we will have problems!!!! All jokes aside, don't push yourself too much around about this. Take some rest, stay away from stuff high in sodium for now. 200 g of salt is a LOT of salt and would lead to server hypernatremia and drinking excessive amounts of water to try to dilute the salt could lead to brain swelling (cerebral edema) if sodium levels drop too quickly.

Sip small amounts of water rather than drinking large quantities at once because this helps to start diluting the sodium in the blood without overwhelming the system. If you have access to an electrolyte solution or sports drinks, use them instead of plain water cuz they can help balance sodium levels more effectively.

You should monitor your urine as well, it'll tell you a lot about your body's state and how well your kidneys are pushing through right now. Dark or very little urine can show severe dehydration or kidney distress.

So yeah major takeaways is to avoid drinking large amounts of water quickly, avoid all sources of salt and sodium entirely for the first 24-48 hours (processed foods, salty snacks, and added table salt), and continue to check your symptoms.

I believe in you.

• Informative
Reactions: Sylveon, CatLvr and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I'm sorry you didn't get the outcome you were hoping for. 🤗
I am happy you didn't have to suffer worse than you did. ♥️

Reactions: CatLvr