Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Has anyone done this? I have and it's quite lonely. Not that bad I guess. Just sucks if it's far away and you're doing all that traveling by yourself. Everyone in the rally has a friend but you are alone...kind of unpleasant.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel, 710, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 5 others
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I have never been to a protest rally, alone or otherwise. Not my cup of tea.
Do you ever feel unsafe there, being alone?

Reactions: Disappointered
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Has anyone done this? I have and it's quite lonely. Not that bad I guess. Just sucks if it's far away and you're doing all that traveling by yourself. Everyone in the rally has a friend but you are alone...kind of unpleasant.
I have. Usually people are pretty talkative and eager to meet others with shared values. I've made a lot of friends this way.

• Love
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel, myopybyproxy and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I have never been to a protest rally, alone or otherwise. Not my cup of tea.
Do you ever feel unsafe there, being alone?
No, the only times anything crazy happened I was either young (and therefore in better physical shape and a little braver) or got there late, thereby avoiding what was later reported on the news as having been shockingly violent (for anyone who thinks canada is somehow better, think again).
I have. Usually people are pretty talkative and eager to meet others with shared values. I've made a lot of friends this way.
You're lucky. I'm not sure what brought you to this forum but if that can happen for you I'm guessing your social life is pretty healthy.

Reactions: come to dust
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I never have exactly all of the shared values or culture at any rally or any place anywhere as it turns out. I was fabricated out of a conglomeration of factors that overlap with a few groupings but match with exactly none.

Reactions: myopybyproxy
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
I never have exactly all of the shared values or culture at any rally or any place anywhere as it turns out. I was fabricated out of a conglomeration of factors that overlap with a few groupings but match with exactly none.
There never will be 100% overlap. The rally is for a particular value, not the myriad of others that its supporters may or may not share. But I relate.

You have my respect for attending. I never have done so.

Reactions: Disappointered
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Welp, protests usually aren't a fun entertaining endevour in general. But I'm not sure if everyone is going there with a friend. I think many do come alone. What really matters is whether you genuinely believe that your presence there makes a difference. I admire your desire to make the world a better place in a peaceful way :heart:

• Love
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel and Disappointered
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Welp, protests usually aren't a fun entertaining endevour in general. But I'm not sure if everyone is going there with a friend. I think many do come alone. What really matters is whether you genuinely believe that your presence there makes a difference. I admire your desire to make the world a better place in a peaceful way :heart:
People definitely don't go to protests alone. It's a social event. And I assure that they are fun entertaining endeavor if you go with friends.

Reactions: come to dust and DeutscheKartoffel
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
People definitely don't go to protests alone. It's a social event. And I assure that they are fun entertaining endeavor if you go with friends.
Yeah that's the impression I've always gotten. It's not that no one goes alone but those people are a small minority. And some of them go alone but then hop between different social groups who know them and seem pleased to see them and interact with them in a manner that suggests that they are already friends even outside of protests. It's not only and obviously not intended to be primarily a social event but in the end that is a factor that greatly affects whether a lone citizen will want to bother going.
I went recently and found it a bit unpleasant but I'm still glad i went. It was supposed to be a march but it was suddenly declared "illegal" (?) by a very heavily NWO influenced mayor (like the last one in this city), so a small core of the protestors occupied the outside of city hall instead. I hate to disappoint people who are supportive about protests but this one was part of a new transformation of social dynamics that doesn't really fit with what most people think of when they think of protests. It was a bit closer to the Gilets Jaunes in France but perhaps even less 'valid' in the eyes of most people who think protests are a valid part of political process. It was against the covidism lockdowns. I'm glad I went. In the distant past I had gone to several that were in the usual category of "social justice" a la new left trotskyst professional agitation. The anti covidism protests have a very disctinct feel. Totally different crowd. The professional agitators of the 'left' were doing aggressive counter protests that degenerated into violence and were very happy that the mayor decreed this protest illegal. I'm sure they'll (the professional protesters of the 'left') be out protesting something 'valid' in the near future. I probably won't be joining them as I've grown tired of their kind. Too many lies and hidden agendas for my taste. Unfortunately the new form of 'conservative' protestors are already infiltrated by controlled opposition but I will still try to get out and support them. It's just too bad i have no friends who would go with me.

Last edited:
DeutscheKartoffel

DeutscheKartoffel

Reclaiming my human rights & liberty thru suicide.
Dec 12, 2021
Sucks that Chinese government hold families against us as a leverage.
I might attend a protest this year, as long as I can find a way to keep my identity secure..
Would been more straightforward if the government doesn't retaliate against you though.

What if the police saw me wearing ski mask and thinks I'm criminal instead lmfao

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 8975, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Disappointered and 1 other person