v089

v089

love u too, cv
May 9, 2023
I got sick of being suicidal from Prozac. It helped me with anger issues for 4 years. My psychiatrist doesn't care at all, she's focused only on my trichotillomania (Which makes me afraid to go to my next visit, I had to shave my whole head bc I had almost no hair left again)
I just want to live my life to the fullest. Prozac made me an emotionless and suicidal zombie. I've felt so many emotions for the past week and I'm amazed I could still experience sadness that isn't associated with the will to die, just pure sadness that I know will pass and everything will be okay. I feel like I missed out on so much things. I'm just afraid if anything bad happens and I get depressed in any way my close ones will blame it on the lack of meds.
I just don't know how to live anymore but I want to continue living. It's so fucked up.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: todienomore, Forever Sleep, Hardcore_Henry and 6 others
CasTheFriendlyGhost

CasTheFriendlyGhost

call me Caspar
Jan 5, 2024
wait what?? suicidal thoughts are an obligatory, non-negotiable counterindication against the administration of Prozac. Your psychiatrist is nuts!

if prozac does this to you, it's not right for you. have you received psychotherapie or did they just put you on meds?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: penguinl0v3s, boddibo and EternalShore
Upvote 0
v089

v089

love u too, cv
May 9, 2023
wait what?? suicidal thoughts are an obligatory, non-negotiable counterindication against the administration of Prozac. Your psychiatrist is nuts!

if prozac does this to you, it's not right for you. have you received psychotherapie or did they just put you on meds?
I got no psychotherapy until I was and adult and had to get it myself. I started taking it when I was 16 and had many attempts since then. That explain a lot.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: boddibo and CasTheFriendlyGhost
Upvote 0
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Congrats that decision for yourself, sounds like smth you won't come to regret and I hope you feel happier in the coming days 😄

Upvote 0
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
The serotonin imbalance theory is bullshit bullshit, see https://radicallygenuinepodcast.transistor.fm/episodes?page=5&per=30

The tough answer is that you have an opportunity to study neuropharmacology and and rewire in your 20's before what the serotogenic drug did is increasingly set in stone. So my guess is, research neuroplasticity etc and be grateful you escaped when you did. Dont embrace bitterness, anxiety, fear etc, its toxic. Neuroscience is moving at the pace of light years, you can recover.

Upvote 0