watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Hi,

I just decided to make a thread about this since it's driving me crazy.
I have very high anxiety and panic attacks. For the past few years, I've been CONSTANTLY worried. Respectively afraid of :

-School
-Covid
-Heart disease
-Retinitis pigmentosa
-Various diseases
-The cops coming to my house
-And now afraid of going bald (have a receding hairline)

I haven't spent ONE day without being frozen scared and panicking.
The last two years have been absolute hell. I've been sent to psych wards where my anxiety and anger went through the roof, instead of getting proper treatment.

Does anyone see a pattern here? Why am I constantly worried and close to panicking? It usually lasts until I solve the issue. Now I'm anxious because I know I'm losing my hair, which makes me extremely ugly. Can still hide it, but I know it will only get worse.

This anxiety is driving me crazy.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, S like suicide, RainAndSadness and 4 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Hey there.

I'm not familiar with the other issues but I know one or two things about hair loss. Don't worry that much about your hair line. I'm telling you that as a fellow trans person. You've started your HRT a few weeks ago, that means you've put a full stop to the hair loss. Your testosterone is probably already in female range based on the effects of the HRT you've described. You won't grow back lost hair but you're still young and therefore you didn't lose much hair. I can promise you that. Hair loss usually occurs in testosterone dominated bodies after turning ~25. You're still far away from an age in which hair loss could seriously affect and damage your passing. I understand your concern because I was in the same position 4 years ago when I started my HRT. But you know my hair length and much of that is contributed to my transition. You're definitely not gonna suffer from hair loss any longer, I can tell you that. You just need to give the whole hormonal process some time. Your body is gonna change in a positive way but it requires some patience. it will pay out though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: archipelago and watereyes
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Hey there.

I'm not familiar with the other issues but I know one or two things about hair loss. Don't worry that much about your hair line. I'm telling you that as a fellow trans person. You've started your HRT a few weeks ago. That means you've put a stop to the hair loss because your testosterone is already in female range based on the effects of the HRT you've described. You won't grow back lost hair but you're still young and therefore you didn't lose much hair. I can promise you that. Hair loss usually occurs in testosterone dominated bodies after turning ~25. You're still far away from an age in which hair loss could seriously affect and damage your passing. I understand your concern because I was in the same position 4 years ago when I started my HRT. But you know my hair length and much of that is contributed to my transition. You're definitely not gonna suffer from hair loss any longer, I can tell you that. You just need to give the whole hormonal process some time. Your body is gonna change in a positive way but it requires some patience. it will pay out though.
I see, but I'm just reminding you that I'm on Estrogen only (no T blocker), and I dont even know if my T or DHT has lowered. Still very anxious about losing more hair.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Anxiety really can be awful. I understand how it can drive you insane. The way I see it, in this life there is so many things that can potentially go wrong and it can be stressful. I'm sorry you are going through this. I wish you well.

• Hugs
Reactions: peacefulhorizons
E

ElyNoFantasy

Sep 7, 2021
I'm really sorry you have to go through all that.
Things that personally helped me with anxiety were :
- breathing slowly
- calm music that inspire nostalgia of my best memories, like video game OST
- my guilty pleasure, ASMR roleplay, with your fictional boy/girlfriend or favorite character taking to you and reassuring you
- hitting a pillow
- throwing harmless objets as far as I can
- tearing paper, sometimes after having written what's on my mind on it
- running as fast as I can until I can no longer breathe, then laying down
- take a red pen and draw on my skin
I've also heard about punching balls and screaming in water.

Hope any of these can help you even a little bit !
PS : I'm also on the autism spectrum :D