abigail

abigail

trying to get better for him ~
Aug 10, 2024
I take an unreasonable number of prescription medications a day (not saying the names or exact number due to that being PII), but it's in the ballpark of 15-20 different medications each day ~ these, surprisingly, were all prescribed to me due to health conditions.

A handful of my medications are anxiety / depression ones; which were handed out like candy when I offhandedly mentioned I was under some stress 🙃.

I've decided that these aren't doing much (if any) good for me & stopped taking them a couple days back. I'm experiencing some symptoms such as memory loss, fatigue, rapid heart rate & dizziness; but am actually feeling emotionally better than when I was on them… (by 'better', i mean I have gone back to being emotionally numb, as opposed to feeling emotions, I like this more).

I'll keep you all updated on my journey.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: N33dT0D13, Reticent Being, CatLvr and 5 others
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
Hm. I posted this 2 hours ago yet I swear it was only seconds ago… Is this normal?

• Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13, CatLvr, fleetingnight and 1 other person
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Hm. I posted this 2 hours ago yet I swear it was only seconds ago… Is this normal?
Withdrawal can result in all kinds of crazy symptoms, and one of them may be a distorted perception of time. That's really amazing that you were given 15-20 prescriptions at the same time. Best of luck with discontinuing some of them. Cold turkey can be very harsh, especially with multiple drugs simultaneously.

Reactions: N33dT0D13, cowboypants, Zhendou and 1 other person
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
Withdrawal can result in all kinds of crazy symptoms, and one of them may be a distorted perception of time. That's really amazing that you were given 15-20 prescriptions at the same time. Best of luck with discontinuing some of them. Cold turkey can be very harsh, especially with multiple drugs simultaneously.
I see, thank you.

I'm honestly disappointed with my medical providers. They keep fuxking around with my health. 15 different medications but ends up being 20ish pills a day due to the dosages… weird experience being kept alive by pills.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Reticent Being, fleetingnight, NumbItAll and 1 other person
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
I think i'm on day 5 now since stopping most of them. Dizziness is getting much worse.

Whenever I stand up I have to spend around 30s getting my bearings, it's slowly starting to become dizzy while sitting down as well.

Impulsive behaviours have increased. Not sure how to describe it other than doing things I wouldn't usually want to.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
I take an unreasonable number of prescription medications a day (not saying the names or exact number due to that being PII), but it's in the ballpark of 15-20 different medications each day ~ these, surprisingly, were all prescribed to me due to health conditions.

A handful of my medications are anxiety / depression ones; which were handed out like candy when I offhandedly mentioned I was under some stress 🙃.

I've decided that these aren't doing much (if any) good for me & stopped taking them a couple days back. I'm experiencing some symptoms such as memory loss, fatigue, rapid heart rate & dizziness; but am actually feeling emotionally better than when I was on them… (by 'better', i mean I have gone back to being emotionally numb, as opposed to feeling emotions, I like this more).

I'll keep you all updated on my journey.
Hey, you should never quit psychiatric drugs cold turkey. Please consider weaning off of them slowly by gradually reducing the dosages over weeks instead.

• Informative
Reactions: NumbItAll and abigail
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
Hey, you should never quit psychiatric drugs cold turkey. Please consider weaning off of them slowly by gradually reducing the dosages over weeks instead.
Hiya friend, if my symptoms get much worse i'll definitely consider doing this.

I have a bad relationship with prescription medications due to my drs constantly changing my dosages (one such instance I had some medications increased when I asked for a decrease…).

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight and GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
Hiya friend, if my symptoms get much worse i'll definitely consider doing this.

I have a bad relationship with prescription medications due to my drs constantly changing my dosages (one such instance I had some medications increased when I asked for a decrease…).
I'm sorry that I can't be of much help in this, but I would bet that your symptoms will keep getting worse before they get better. 15-20 medications sounds like a lot to just quit abruptly. Typically you should do this over the course of many weeks by gradually reducing the dosages (if the pills allow it, not all pills can be split and taken safely)

• Informative
Reactions: cowboypants, fleetingnight and abigail
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
haha you're all good, do you happen to know the best way to reduce said dosages by?

Let say i'm on 200mg/day of medication X & can split into 50mg safely.

GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
haha you're all good, do you happen to know the best way to reduce said dosages by?

I'm not a doctor, so I wouldn't be able to help. Depends on the medication as well. Usually this stuff is done under medical supervision.

• Love
Reactions: abigail
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
I'm not a doctor, so I wouldn't be able to help. Depends on the medication as well. Usually this stuff is done under medical supervision.
That's fair, thank you for your honesty.
I'll search around for some guides for each of the medications i'm on.

• Love
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018

I will quote a post I made previously in a different thread:
The best way to avoid debilitating withdrawal effects is to do a slow taper (10% reduction at a time until stabilized at the new dosage). Here is a detailed guide on how and why. Doctors will usually recommend a tapering schedule that is too aggressive, if they are even aware of withdrawal at all. Cold turkey is of course even harder and riskier. Some people can get away with an aggressive taper, but the safest way is to take it slow. You can definitely do it. And yeah brain zaps are quite aggravating, I don't miss those.
Since you already went cold turkey it would involve a possible reinstatement at a lower dose, which I'm not sure how to do properly. The forum linked in that post would be able to provide specific recommendations.

• Informative
Reactions: fleetingnight and abigail
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
I will quote a post I made previously in a different thread:

Since you already went cold turkey it would involve a possible reinstatement at a lower dose, which I'm not sure how to do properly. The forum linked in that post would be able to provide specific recommendations.
Thank you ~

I'm going to start this ASAP.

I'm having hallucinations and can't tell what's real and what's not. I'm not on any anti hallucinationagenics so this is new to me…

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight, GuessWhosBack and NumbItAll
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
i know my posts are going to be merged, so for context this is 7-8hrs later.

Hi friends, i've taken a half dosage of my meds. I'll remain on half dosage for a few days then go down to smaller amounts until i'm okay without.

Thank you for the suggestions, i'm feeling less sht now. Dizziness is less, but not gone. Memory loss is still here, but that's nothing new anyway. The voices are still here, which is weird.

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr, etherealspring, GuessWhosBack and 1 other person
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
i know my posts are going to be merged, so for context this is 7-8hrs later.

Hi friends, i've taken a half dosage of my meds. I'll remain on half dosage for a few days then go down to smaller amounts until i'm okay without.

Thank you for the suggestions, i'm feeling less sht now. Dizziness is less, but not gone. Memory loss is still here, but that's nothing new anyway. The voices are still here, which is weird.
Having hallucinations due to abrupt change in medication is not uncommon, it happened to me too. They're temporary symptoms and you will get through it.

• Informative
Reactions: CatLvr and abigail
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
Having hallucinations due to abrupt change in medication is not uncommon, it happened to me too. They're temporary symptoms and you will get through it.
I see~ thank you for your support with everything.

• Love
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
Update : Still very dizzy, most other side affects have passed.

I am seeing shadows out of the corner of my eyes, not sure they are actually there or not but it doesn't seem to bother me too much.

Going to wait for the dizziness to pass before dropping down another dosage level.

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr and NumbItAll
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
Managed to stop some of the medications completely. On 1/4th the dosage for others. Dizziness is eh, shadows are still there.

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr and GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
@abigail how are you doing now? Feeling any better overall? I hope you start feeling better soon.

• Love
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Only just seen this. Hope you're doing ok. Certain meds can be physically dangerous if stopped abruptly - for example benzos, lithium, certain blood pressure medication. Others can be psychologically and neurologically damaging.

When you stop more than one at a time, you'll get cumulative symptoms and potentially worsening withdrawal.

Please speak with your prescriber - you could well end up in a shittier place than when you were on them.

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr, abigail and GuessWhosBack
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
@abigail how are you doing now? Feeling any better overall? I hope you start feeling better soon.
hi friend! i'm doing okay. one thing i've found really funny since stopping/reducing these meds is that my alcohol tolerance is much much higher xd — it used to be i'd get drunk off of a single beer but im 2 beers & many shots of vodka down tonight and doing absolutely fine :p
Only just seen this. Hope you're doing ok. Certain meds can be physically dangerous if stopped abruptly - for example benzos, lithium, certain blood pressure medication. Others can be psychologically and neurologically damaging.

When you stop more than one at a time, you'll get cumulative symptoms and potentially worsening withdrawal.

Please speak with your prescriber - you could well end up in a shittier place than when you were on them.
hi friend, thank you for your concern :p
i've done a fair bit of research since originally posting this and it looks as though i should be good to stop these without much trouble. so far i've actually seen a lot of benefits since stopping/reducing my meds, though i do implore people to not copy me as as you said it can be dangerous and i feel as if i'm in a unique situation with the combination of medications

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr and GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
I don't know if you were informed or not, but you really shouldn't be drinking alcohol when taking psychiatric medication. They don't mix well. That's why your alcohol tolerance got back up.

Abusing alcohol while on drugs such as antipsychotics can really mess you up. Please be careful.

I hope you keep getting better. Are you still seeking therapy? Your status tells me you wish to recover, so I hope you don't give up. You seem like such a nice person, I'm genuinely rooting for you.

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr and abigail
abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
I don't know if you were informed or not, but you really shouldn't be drinking alcohol when taking psychiatric medication. They don't mix well. That's why your alcohol tolerance got back up.

Abusing alcohol while on drugs such as antipsychotics can really mess you up. Please be careful.

I hope you keep getting better. Are you still seeking therapy? Your status tells me you wish to recover, so I hope you don't give up. You seem like such a nice person, I'm genuinely rooting for you.
hey friend, surprisingly i was never told haha.
though, for what it's worth, i don't see myself as abusing alcohol, i rarely drink (due to me being a lightweight), i'm only getting drunk tonight as i'm visiting my family for the first time in a very long time and we're playing board games and having fun :p

i am still getting therapy :) i have another session on monday & my therapist seems content with me trying to remain anonymous (see my other thread for context).

♥️ thank you for your kind words, i really do hope i get better. I love talking to you all and would hate to miss out on seeing you all get better as well.

• Love
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and CatLvr
cowboypants

cowboypants

eating grass
May 7, 2024
Sounds like a lot of meds but don't stop any of it abruptly. You can tell your docs about how you feel about it. Idk why you need so much meds at young age tho unless of complications or something

abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
Sounds like a lot of meds but don't stop any of it abruptly. You can tell your docs about how you feel about it. Idk why you need so much meds at young age tho unless of complications or something
I'm not exactly the most medically stable individual. My body wants to get on the bus more than myself at the moment haha

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, cowboypants and CatLvr
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
How did I just see this?? I'm glad you are through the worst of it. Stopping cold turkey like that will set you up for some grand adventures, as you have found. And I am SO happy that therapist is working out. ❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and abigail
VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Just be very careful. Stopping to take certain medication cold turkey can cause severe consequences...

abigail

abigail

Aug 10, 2024
Nearly fully of all of my meds now. I've never felt better. I feel emotions i had forgotten existed and my head has never been clearer.

I feel unburdened by life.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NumbItAll
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Nearly fully of all of my meds now. I've never felt better. I feel emotions is forgotten existed and my head has never been clearer.

I feel unburdened by life.
That's great, I'm glad it's going smoothly. The one thing that drugs did for me was make me feel so bad that I now appreciate normal feelings more.

• Love