Votes: 28 52.8%
  • No (non-religious)

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
RockCandy

RockCandy

Lover
Aug 22, 2023
Do you think that God will forgive you, if you kill yourself? I'm scared that he won't, but I don't want to be here anymore.
I consider myself semi-religious (better described like religiously paranoid).
I would much more appreciate hearing people of faith, as I already know what most atheists believe. :heart:

Mxverick

Mxverick

Aug 12, 2023
The bible considers the rejection of one's body as one of the gravest sins.

In the divine comedy: Dante is found in the Seventh Circle of Hell, where suicides and squanders are punished. They are found in a Forest, with a more terrible aspect than the initial one, which indicates the perversion of the sin of the Suicides.

• Informative
Reactions: AvoidingMyself and RockCandy
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
There is no god. Simple as that.

Reactions: Quinton Coldwater, counting-out-time, pthnrdnojvsc and 5 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
no god does not accept those that have killed themselves into heaven it's a unforgivable sin

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and RockCandy
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
God forgives all sinners (if they ask for forgiveness). If you have faith then you'll win either way when it comes to CTB. You either go to your grave with a positive energy and are proven wrong, which doesn't matter cause you're dead. Or there really is a heaven and you reap the rewards.

• Informative
Reactions: AvoidingMyself and RockCandy
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
"Born sick, and then commanded to be well" Christopher Hitchens

We were created this way, but then must face punishment for something that was by design? Sounds like nonsensical rubbish to me.

If god does exist, his crimes outnumber any of ours by a considerable distance. So I'll take my chances with the devil in hell... perhaps they'll be more open minded and logical in their thinking. I would not wish to be part of a kingdom with such arbitrary and pointless rules anyway.

Reactions: Lonely Sad & Broken, doneWithThisSh1t, Darkover and 3 others
mia.wallace

mia.wallace

Fell on black days
Feb 1, 2023
According to scripture, the only unforgivable/unpardonable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (not suicide, as some people may think).

Mark 3:28-29: "Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Nihilist Christian, GreenTree, SVEN and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Do you think that God will forgive you, if you kill yourself? I'm scared that he won't, but I don't want to be here anymore.
If there is an almighty all-forgiving all-merciful god existing and if he wouldn't forgive u committing suicide after all the suffering and agony you had to endure during your life time that lead to your personal suicide that would be a truly sadistic god. This is my personal opinion.

Religions are man made and they are indoctrinated believes to control the masses by fear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quinton Coldwater, Lonely Sad & Broken, doneWithThisSh1t and 4 others
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
If there is an almighty all-forgiving all-merciful god existing and if he wouldn't forgive u committing suicide after all the suffering and agony you had to endure during your life time that lead to your personal suicide that would be a truly sadistic god. This is my personal opinion.

Religions are man made and they are indoctrinated believes to control the masses through fear.
Exactly. Religions are also there for economic reasons...

If there was a good, he would stop you suffering and let you peacefully die while asleep. All religious stories are simply about fear and money.

Reactions: Quinton Coldwater, AvoidingMyself and Praestat_Mori
moonseeker

moonseeker

Last mission : painless departure
Aug 22, 2023
Question is : Will I forgive god for all of this ?

• Yay!
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, conarc, Lonely Sad & Broken and 5 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
If this sinner can totally empathise with the loneliness, despair and desperation which drives anyone to suicide, can you seriously doubt that the One who spared not His own Son in His love for His broken creation would not understand even better than we do.
Shall not the judge of all the earth do right ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Praestat_Mori
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I don't know but this girl I know who's a Christian believes He'd forgive her if she took her life... that's what she said to me anyway...

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
i mostly think of spirituality in a buddhist sense, because when ones brain or body is not working normally, there shouldnt be a "punishment" for not wanting to endure it. though i would never encourage someone to take their own life.

tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
Sad how we live our lives, right to the end seeking the validation of a higher power.

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
The bible considers the rejection of one's body as one of the gravest sins.

In the divine comedy: Dante is found in the Seventh Circle of Hell, where suicides and squanders are punished. They are found in a Forest, with a more terrible aspect than the initial one, which indicates the perversion of the sin of the Suicides.
Dante inferno also believes that homosexuals suffer worse then murders, the church does not accept the book as official bible cannon
God would forgive you, if you believe in fate, god has taken you home, just like if you died from a heart attack etc. it never states once in the bible that suicide is a sin. You can make the argument that your body is holy and you killing your self is ruining it, but so is donating blood, kidneys etc, which makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Praestat_Mori
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
According to scripture, the only unforgivable/unpardonable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (not suicide, as some people may think).

Mark 3:28-29: "Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."
I'm here because I committed this sin and am being punished for it

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
I think God doesn't care about me at all

M

mind3de

Jun 28, 2022
It could be that it's a sin. But I don't believe in concepts of a (eternal) hell. I believe if there is a god, the person who commits suicide, will be reincarnated again and have the same problems again in a new life.