W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Talking with regular people who don't even try to understand is soul sucking and exhausting:

"Go to therapy"..This is everyone's go to answer as if it is the do all be all end all. I can't afford therapy and it didn't help me anyway when I was doing it. Talking to anyone about my feelings just makes me feel worse. It's just maddening when people say "depression is just a chemical imbalance in the brain"...well for me my depression is 100% situational and has been chronic and life long thanks to bad situations. Meds never helped me and never will. Infact I have permanent anhedonia from zoloft (sertraline) And then the classic "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" ....what about people like me whos problems aren't temporary?

Just another pointless vent into the void. I'm feeling so hopeless and lost these days. Being stuck in limbo is the worst. I don't want to live, I don't want to die. This limbo state of mind has gone on far too many years. I want to either get busy living or get busy dying...and sadly I think I know which one it will be.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, searchingfreedom, charlottewilts and 14 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
This isn't a pointless vent. It's very frustrating to be told these things over and over. The people saying it may mean well, but it really feels like the most lazy and superficial advice imo.

I also hate the "temporary problem" phrase. Because you're right, not every problem is temporary. It seems like a lot of people on this site have suffered through so many things for so, so long. To be told that the issues are temporary feels like a slap in the face. And my condolences on the limbo state. It's a bitch to be in. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, _Minsk, Lostandlooking and 2 others
O

overcomingfear

Experienced
Sep 1, 2020
If you don't have something valuable to say, do not talk. Yeah regular people lack any understanding and just repeat what they've heard. As if fixing depression is like changing a lightbulb, one fix for all. Continuing ur rant. Limbo is neutral for me, at least i don't feel bad, just don't want anything

• Hugs
Reactions: Lastsauce, Lostandlooking, _Minsk and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't think this is a pointless vent. Your frustrations and points are very valid and indeed, the problem is with how society refuses to acknowledge the causes for almost all of the problems faced by individuals in present day. They would rather take the path of least resistance (the easy way out, the cop out) and still receive praises for it (virtue signaling).

I agree with you that if society had just taken us seriously and at face value (without spewing off cliches and dismissing our grievances and claims), then it would certainly help go in the right direction.

• Love
Reactions: Worthless_nobody, overcomingfear and BitterlyAlive
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Therapy in my opinion is not the cure all, end all. Therapy teaches you how to cope with your problems; not solve them. As long as those problems exist, you will always be in the state you are in. I always tell people, how can a therapist help me?

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, Worthless_nobody and BitterlyAlive
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Therapy helps some, and doesn't help others. Telling people the typical what to say to a suicidal person lines is generally because they don't know how to handle the situation. Granted some people flat out don't care and desire to push the problem on someone that isn't them, but generally I think people panic and emotionally freeze up when suicide is on the table.

Reactions: TAW122, Worthless_nobody and BitterlyAlive
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I don't think this is a pointless vent. Your frustrations and points are very valid and indeed, the problem is with how society refuses to acknowledge the causes for almost all of the problems faced by individuals in present day. They would rather take the path of least resistance (the easy way out, the cop out) and still receive praises for it (virtue signaling).

I agree with you that if society had just taken us seriously and at face value (without spewing off cliches and dismissing our grievances and claims), then it would certainly help go in the right direction.
It would help so so much just to be able to be open about my feelings instead of fear of psychiatric prison. And I'm in the US so that would be a huge bill I can't pay if I was forced into a psych ward. If therapy was free or something and I could just get these feelings out then maybe maybe I could make some progress or try to find a way out of this hole I have dug. I guess it would just be nice to be able to freely talk about suicidal feelings without fear. It wont solve much but it's a step in the right direction. This is literally the only place we can freely talk about our feelings.

I definitely believe society could take some steps to help suicidal people but instead they just virtue signal and throw around platitudes...and then they wonder why we have no hope and ultimately ctb.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, harmonica and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It would help so so much just to be able to be open about my feelings instead of fear of psychiatric prison. And I'm in the US so that would be a huge bill I can't pay if I was forced into a psych ward. If therapy was free or something and I could just get these feelings out then maybe maybe I could make some progress or try to find a way out of this hole I have dug. I guess it would just be nice to be able to freely talk about suicidal feelings without fear. It wont solve much but it's a step in the right direction. This is literally the only place we can freely talk about our feelings.

I definitely believe society could take some steps to help suicidal people but instead they just virtue signal and throw around platitudes...and then they wonder why we have no hope and ultimately ctb.
Exactly! You hit the nail on point with that statement. If help was voluntary instead of being forced and also if it was very low cost (or free in some cases), then there will be more people willing to try to recover and/or put off CTB without risk of incarceration + medical bills from forced detainment & treatment.

• Love
Reactions: Worthless_nobody