sitring_lonely

sitring_lonely

Abstract idea
Mar 7, 2023
I know this is a recovery thread but, after giving up my hopes of romance and friendship, my life does seem brighter
When you realize you can be perfectly content with yourself, everything else seems unnecessary
Of course i find myself wanting to make deeper bonds and such but, after realizing everyone around you is either an asshole or just don't care enough... it is a hard pill to swallow, but it is medicine in the long run
I started appreciating the small things and my likes without being judged or anything like that by my so called friends

If you have a good friend you feel comfortable with, keep them close
Because not all of us can have them and just have to learn how to survive on our own
Like i did

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: fell, Veronica Sawyer, BBBB and 1 other person
themisbelow

themisbelow

they/them
Mar 5, 2023
I wish the best for you, and I hope you find a close friend if that's what you desire. You seem like a very sweet yet struggling person :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BBBB and Looking
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
I have a similar experience, even though mine is with friendships.

I used to have a big social circle when I was younger. I was always anxious and nervous, and for the longest time I couldn't tell why. I thought I might've just had anxiety in general.

After a while, I made the choice that I'm not going to intentionally cut off friendships, but that if they decided they no longer wanted to be friends, I wouldn't stop them or ask them to stay. I also made the choice I wouldn't go out of my way to make friendships (but I wouldn't stop them from existing, either.)

Honestly, it's made me feel a lot better. It's been about two years since I decided that. There's not a lot of drama in my life anymore, I don't feel mentally exhausted and I'm no longer nervous about talking with others.

I hope you find a deeper connection, though. With my situation, I've essentially lost all of my friendships, but I still have my family and my significant other. And that makes a big difference, as it means I still have a social outlet of sorts.

It feels so nice not to worry about that kind of stuff, and just focusing on me. So I get what you mean.

Reactions: Veronica Sawyer
B

BBBB

Jan 13, 2023
Wish I had a good, close, caring friend too. I wish it so bad but no one cares about me!

• Hugs
Reactions: Looking