M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
I'm sad I'll have to give away my cat before I ctb. I don't really want to give her away but I can't just leave her at home because no one else will feed her.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, FriendofDeath, Aavemainen and 17 others
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Aw man that sucks. Hope she gets loads of love and nibbles wherever she goes. Make sure she has a human. :)

Reactions: ssaaahmo
Rockman

Rockman

Experienced
Feb 9, 2020
Make sure he were in good hands.

• Love
Reactions: Lucifer'sRight, Mooshi, Walilamdzi and 1 other person
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I'm sad I'll have to give away my cat before I ctb. I don't really want to give her away but I can't just leave her at home because no one else will feed her.

I fully understand your pain over this.

Is this idea of any use to you?

Also, one other suggestion I would make if you have to rehome the cat is don't give it away free.

If I was your cat is rather be set free then a crap home.

Sorry, but you probably don't know very much about cats then. While nobody would recommend 'a crap home', domestic animals certainly don't enjoy being 'set free' into the world. They don't just instantly revert back to the mindset and survival behaviours of their early ancestors. Instead, they experience a great deal of distress, hunger and attacks from other fully feral-born animals.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 10475, Lost_the_will2_live, Oyoy and 4 others
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020

Also, one other suggestion I would make if you have to rehome the cat is don't give it away free.

Sorry, but you probably don't know very much about cats then. While nobody would recommend 'a crap home', domestic animals certainly don't enjoy being 'set free' into the world. They don't just instantly revert back to the mindset and survival behaviours of their early ancestors. Instead, they experience a great deal of distress, hunger and attacks from other fully feral-born animals.
I was mistaken. Thanks for informing me. I am not a pet owner. Please rest assure I won't set a creature up to suffer.

Reactions: FriendofDeath, autumnal and Lucifer'sRight
Lucifer'sRight

Lucifer'sRight

Experienced
Feb 4, 2020
I feel you a hundred and ten percent... i don't really know what to say. It's sad AF and it wil be...fuck taht part of the process...

• Aww..
Reactions: FriendofDeath and Meowkin
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020

I use SS mostly to vent and read other people's experiences rather than look for resources. SS does have a lot of good resources but a lot of it I can't use for various reasons.

K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
i feel you mate.. i already made sure my cat and dog are together and in very good hands and i miss my babies terribly..
:heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath, Woodnote and Meowkin
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
i feel you mate.. i already made sure my cat and dog are together and in very good hands and i miss my babies terribly..
:heart:
That must have been so hard. How long have you been without them?

• Love
Reactions: K-O
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
That must have been so hard. How long have you been without them?
months already.. they are in the country side at an ex's.. he thinks it is cause i lost it completely after the death of my love and i'm unable to properly care for them, wich was true in the first months that i cant even remember.. but the truth is i cant bear to be near and touch loved ones now.. hurts too fucking much to the point of physical spasms and triggers.. and also i dont want to be instinctively the caretaker again and as result wont feel free to end it.. :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath, Oyoy and Meowkin
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
months already.. they are in the country side at an ex's.. he thinks it is cause i lost it completely after the death of my love and i'm unable to properly care for them, wich was true in the first months that i cant even remember.. but the truth is i cant bear to be near and touch loved ones now.. hurts too fucking much to the point of physical spasms and triggers.. and also i dont want to be instinctively the caretaker again and as result wont feel free to end it.. :heart:
I'm sorry for your pain. It's really sad when what you love triggered more pain. I can imagine life is beyond unbearable when you have to deal with something like that.

• Love
Reactions: Bluemon and K-O
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
I'm sorry for your pain. It's really sad when what you love triggered more pain. I can imagine life is beyond unbearable when you have to deal with something like that.
yes.. it is always what i love that triggers me..heartfuck..
i wish you also weren't in pain mate x

Reactions: Meowkin
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I'm so sorry, I know how hard that must be. I just moved in with my father and brother about four months ago and I've grown very attached to my dad's dog, who spends more time with me and I show her more attention and love than anyone else here. At this point, I feel worse about leaving her behind than anyone else. I once had a cat years ago that was basically attached to me. She followed me everywhere, even to the bathtub when I would shower. Whenever I slept, she would lie in my arms with her head on my neck, every time. When I would go for walks, she would always walk right next to me. I once walked to a friend's house, and I had to leave her outside for only a little bit because of a dog inside. She normally would just wait for me. I came out about 20 minutes later and she was gone. I stayed out and searched for her for hours, but she was never found. It broke my heart and it kills me thinking of what may have happened to her. This was around 12 years ago and to this day, it still very much upsets me thinking about it. I was more attached to her than anyone I had ever been in my life. If you give your cat to a loving family that will take care of her, then she will be alright. Still, I hate that you have to do that. Much love.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath, Mooshi, Hopeindeath! and 2 others
G

Ghostmedic

May 18, 2020
Yeah, I get this. My dogs are one of the reasons I haven't ctb already... I have made possible arrangements for them, but once I'm out, there are no guarantees. It would suck if they got split up. Also I wonder if they would be really sad... although I think they are sort of psychic animals, and I always have some feeling they would know what's going on and why... but yeah, loyal pals to the end.

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath, Meowkin and ohhgeeitsme
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I REALLY feel for you and I understand your pain, trust me :( It's never easy to lose a pet, whether they pass or we need to give them up for other reasons. Kitties are honestly the most awesome and best little creatures to have ever existed on the face of this planet -- and in case you're wondering, yes! I am a cat lover lol

Again it isn't easy :( Make sure that you let him/her know that you love them every day and give them tons of cuddles ❤ Make sure that he/she goes to a family that will love them as much as you do. This would make anyone feel better to know that a family member that they love will be in good hands -- because a pet is never just an animal. They're more than that and their family.

This really makes me sad because I really know how you feel rn :aw:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meowkin and ohhgeeitsme
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I am so sorry you have to give up your cat.:hug:

Reactions: Meowkin
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
I REALLY feel for you and I understand your pain, trust me :( It's never easy to lose a pet, whether they pass or we need to give them up for other reasons. Kitties are honestly the most awesome and best little creatures to have ever existed on the face of this planet -- and in case you're wondering, yes! I am a cat lover and mommy lol

Again it isn't easy :( Make sure that you let him/her know that you love them every day and give them tons of cuddles ❤ Make sure that he/she goes to a family that will love them as much as you do. This would make anyone feel better to know that a family member that they love will be in good hands -- because a pet is never just an animal. They're more than that and their family.

This really makes me sad because I really know how you feel rn :aw:
Thanks. I'll try.
I'm so sorry, I know how hard that must be. I just moved in with my father and brother about four months ago and I've grown very attached to my dad's dog, who spends more time with me and I show her more attention and love than anyone else here. At this point, I feel worse about leaving her behind than anyone else. I once had a cat years ago that was basically attached to me. She followed me everywhere, even to the bathtub when I would shower. Whenever I slept, she would lie in my arms with her head on my neck, every time. When I would go for walks, she would always walk right next to me. I once walked to a friend's house, and I had to leave her outside for only a little bit because of a dog inside. She normally would just wait for me. I came out about 20 minutes later and she was gone. I stayed out and searched for her for hours, but she was never found. It broke my heart and it kills me thinking of what may have happened to her. This was around 12 years ago and to this day, it still very much upsets me thinking about it. I was more attached to her than anyone I had ever been in my life. If you give your cat to a loving family that will take care of her, then she will be alright. Still, I hate that you have to do that. Much love.
Thanks for sharing about your cat. I'm sorry she didn't come back. She sounds lovely.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme and Despondent
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
I've calmed down since last night. I'm still sad at the thought of having to give her away.

I'm just hopeful that things might change and I can live peacefully with my cat and never have to give her away.

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath and ohhgeeitsme
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I use SS mostly to vent and read other people's experiences rather than look for resources. SS does have a lot of good resources but a lot of it I can't use for various reasons.

Sorry @Meowkin, but I'm not quite sure how your response relates to my post?

Last edited:
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I'm very sad about leaving my dog. Family will take him and I know they'll take good care of him but he really loves me you know?

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath, ohhgeeitsme, terry_a_davis and 1 other person
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
I'm very sad about leaving my dog. Family will take him and I know they'll take good care of him but he really loves me you know?
Sounds like a great dog. I'd be sad too.