• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
With Easter around the corner, if follow through with current plan this would be the last time I see the likes of my little sister.

I'm fortunate to have a loving family. It made me want to get something for my family as a remember me present, but this would be quite difficult without a arousing suspicion, I'm not usually a big gift giver.

I thought I would ask the SS hive mind for ideas of nice lifetime gifts? Which may not create questions?

• Hugs
Reactions: Six feet down, Forever Sleep and marchshift
TrifoliumsFriend

TrifoliumsFriend

Mar 22, 2024
Do you have any hobbies that are about creating something? What do you usually create? For me, I crochet and usually make clothes items, so I'd probably give a hat or something if I were in your position.

Edit: I'm also not a big gift giver but when I do, it's usually about a specific event like a birthday. I can see giving your sister/younger family members something for Easter and that not giving suspicion. You can also just take free commissions.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Redleaf1992 and marchshift
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I've considered gift giving before CTB'ing before, but I decided against it because I thought it might be cold comfort when I die. As if you're saying that you thought a gift could make up for the irreversible loss of your life, which I thought might be offensive to them, because the "gift" they would've rathered is me choosing to stay alive.

I guess this could differ based on the family though, I can see how someone could cherish a gift and use it to remember you by when you're gone.

• Love
Reactions: Redleaf1992
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
How about a simple family photo with everyone in it, including you, of course?

• Love
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Don't have any specific recommendations but probably something personalized or handmade which can highlight the connection you have with your family.

• Love
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's a lovely idea. If you don't want to arouse suspicion, you could always keep the gifts till afterwards maybe. Mention them in your note.

• Love
Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
Thanks guys for the suggestions:

It would be more of a remembrance gift (like a life time bracelet) rather than something exspensive which may seem like I'm try make up for my loss.

Some great ideas like mentioning it in my note, and using my hobbies. I used to to some sculpting (think D&D models) but I'm rusty and not sure I have the time. But defnitley things to consider!