GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
I think there is no shortage of stuff people believe right now that 100 years from now will be proof we all have light to moderate head injuries. Not that there will be a 100 years from now if we don't stop passionately believing in Miracle Bubbles(TM) and start making real moves in the actual world. Yeah I know that leaving the world of beliefs for the world of the actual might be too much of a big step for a society built on billboards and wistful feelings. (Note to self: maybe paying lots of close attention to the news is fucking up my world view? Problemly.)

Look in a book shop and you will learn people want to learn how to brush up their attitude so they can make a million bucks they won't know what to do with. Or maybe they want to learn how to live an 'authentic' life, as if this one ending in death isn't enough realism. Anything but what is real is for sale and that's because what is real is for free. We've been trained to expect to pay for everything by first wasting our time at jobs. "May I please exchange my time for this book chock full of time management tips? Thanks."

Hey don't get me wrong, I haven't filled the hole created by my lack of belief with fresh, new made up beliefs, I'm not some hippy who escapes society only to become a festival frequenting fuckwit. Anyway, I fill the hole by attempting to methodically alter my mental state to approximately how a human might feel if they weren't surrounded by people who have intense beliefs as a replacement for logic and/or thinking.

Reactions: Oblivion Access and WoAiGou
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
Late stage capitalism is no fun

You're 100% right about everything. We as a global society prioritize all the wrong things and it will lead to our extinction.

Reactions: chocolatebar and GideonVandaleur
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
The reel worl? 'Ave you lost yer marbles? 'Ave you seen wot it's like out'er? Ain't nobody wanna live in that shite, pass me the VR headset!

• Love
Reactions: GideonVandaleur
GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
The reel worl? 'Ave you lost yer marbles? 'Ave you seen wot it's like out'er? Ain't nobody wanna live in that shite, pass me the VR headset!
Love the accent, not sure I had any marbles to start with. Yes, I agree that VR is a wonderland of endless possibilities.

june

june

Experienced
May 25, 2020
Bring on the androids

• Yay!
june

june

Experienced
May 25, 2020
Crazy cat lady + a bundle of androids. I'll never need to leave with that lifestyle

• Yay!