F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I wish people would not use GIFs for your avatar. Shit is so annoying to me. It looks cool but it forces u to almost be hypnotized and not in a pleasant way either. I'm not saying don't use them, like I don't really care I was only saying I'm annoyed by it. Doesn't mean everyone on here is. I was just sharing opinion. I think I'm just sensitive anyway so little things are more annoying to me than they might be to someone else lol!

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: your pathologist, TheGoodGuy, Deleted member 1496 and 12 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Does mine bothers you? I can replace it if you want.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Circles and Final Escape
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Yes, I agree with the OP. It distracts the reader from focussing on reading the words. It's akin to an ant crawling on your page when you are reading a textbook. Some GIFs are so shocking that they can give some people seizures from strobe effect.

@Angelus Errare - yours is hardly a GIF. I can barely notice that little girl moving.

Reactions: protonic76, mattwitt, Sensei and 2 others
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
Some of these avatars are going to give somebody a seizure, but I imagine that's deliberate haha

Reactions: Circles and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Does mine bothers you? I can replace it if you want.
No yours barely moves, didn't even notice it moved. I think it's only certain ones. It's not all of them. The more mild ones aren't bad. It's the ones that have of a lot of movement or intense. Jumping out at u.
Some of these avatars are going to give somebody a seizure, but I imagine that's deliberate haha
Yes lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, Circles and Shakespear's Brother
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
I accept your opinion @Final Escape I disagree but no problems.
I do have a problem with singling out specific profiles though @ThingWithFeathers That's not necessary. Seems cruel to me.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Final Escape, Circles and 1 other person
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Yep, @BPD_LE , hence I deleted them soon after posting them even though one of them has given me minor headaches in the past. I didn't post any usernames out of respect. Yours is a cool GIF though. :-)

Reactions: protonic76, Circles and puppy9
EmptyMan

EmptyMan

Its over
Dec 22, 2019
  • Hugs
Reactions: BPD_LE, LonelyHopelessDude and Brick In The Wall
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
there is one avatar that freaks the hell out of me, NO Names mentioned, GIFs are cool BUT!!!!

Reactions: garcelle
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I respect your opinions but I like it. As long as it's a feature of the forum I'm not going to be bullied into changing it either. Not unless I want to personally change it or I'm required to do so. If it bothers you just keep scrolling.

• Love
Reactions: Marchioness, BPD_LE and CarefulWithThatAxe
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Yay for everyone who has a pro-choice attitude in choosing their avatars and display pic!!

Let's close this thread with a quote from Oscar Wilde — 'I like talking to a brick in the wall - it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me!' ;-)

• Love
Reactions: protonic76 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Pro choice wins again!

Reactions: ThingWithFeathers
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
Its me
U can tell me no problem
Your avatar is not a problem for me but just a random question, is she sniffing Coke or something? What is she doing exactly ?

Reactions: charlottewilts
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
aah i'm not the only one! i didn't want to bring it up since i'll be gone soon anyways so it's really none of my business, but i do have some epilepsy issues.. i just scroll past and try to ignore them. still, if some members wish to use rapid GIFs as their profile pictures i have no right to police their right to expression. i have a smiling girl as my avatar, i'm sure that's not acceptable to some here either... i like it because of the irony.

• Hugs
Reactions: BPD_LE, Fragile, Final Escape and 1 other person
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
happy lucy gordon ftw

Reactions: Venessolotic and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
yes prob coke
It might be the hormones they put in my glute lol! But seriously I do get annoyed by certain avatars.
It might be the hormones they put in my glute lol! But seriously I do get annoyed by certain avatars.
It's ok guys it's just an avatar I'll live lol! Im
At the bar having a drink called the pecker wrecker. It's a fruity concoction intended to fuck u up lol!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts, EmptyMan and Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
With gif files, you can specify how many times the animation repeats itself, so that it doesn't forever repeat and potentially distract others when reading.

There's an online tool/web site that can do it for you (search for change gif loop count): https://ezgif.com/loop-count

After you upload your gif file, set the number of times you want the animation to repeat, then click on Change Loop Count button. The resulting gif will be displayed in the Output Animation section. Then, right-click on the image, select "Save Image As..." to save the new gif file (the default saved filename is totally different than the filename you uploaded, but it begins with "ezgif". Or you can click the Save icon, where it saves the new gif file as "ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif".

People who know Photoshop may know an easier way, but I'm not one of them. :)

Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
The animated avatars really frustrate me, but I'm not gonna tell anyone what they should or shouldn't use as a profile picture.

For those of you using uBlock Origin (if you don't, you totally should because fuck ads), you can right-click an image and Block element... Voila! No more visual noise!

Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
Off topic but got do people get cover photos? I saw a place in my menu that showed recently updated cover photos. I'm new to the site and still can't figure out some of the interface.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I wish people would not use GIFs for your avatar. Shit is so annoying to me. It looks cool but it forces u to almost be hypnotized and not in a pleasant way either. I'm not saying don't use them, like I don't really care I was only saying I'm annoyed by it. Doesn't mean everyone on here is. I was just sharing opinion. I think I'm just sensitive anyway so little things are more annoying to me than they might be to someone else lol!
To me it is the fast acting gif´s that are annoying the ones that not even 2 seconds it is annoying because if you are a slow reader like myself and I want to read a long or semi long post it´s get really distracting with those flashing gifs, to me it can be so bad that I have to cover the gif with my hand in order to read the post.

Reactions: Deleted member 1496
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
but I'm not gonna tell anyone what they should or shouldn't use as a profile picture.
I wasn't telling anyone what they should use as a profile picture; it was technical info for those who might not know that property is available in a gif file. Gif avatars don't have to be a binary choice, where either I get to display the animation I want xor others aren't bothered by animation next to text.

Reactions: Eridanos
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
I wasn't telling anyone what they should use as a profile picture; it was technical info for those who might not know that property is available in a gif file. Gif avatars don't have to be a binary choice, where either I get to display the animation I want xor others aren't bothered by animation next to text.

I wasn't targeting anyone with my reply, merely stating my opinion on the thread topic and offering a solution for others who are also bothered by the animations.

I didn't realise that yours was the most recent post by such a significant margin, so I can understand why it might look like it was a direct response to you.

Regardless, yay for sharing information :hihi:

Reactions: Deleted member 1496