• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

maggot

maggot

Jun 29, 2024

Anyone else loves this movie ? The one from 1995. I always did but since I started thinking about CTB more I've been obseded with it. The title itself is relevant obviously. To the few who might have not seen it I urge you to go watch it. It's about the existential crisis of Motoko, a cyborg. The music and the art are tope notch. It's very contemplative, it's an experience to watch it. I'm very curious what people from this forum think about this movie.

Reactions: noname223
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Great movie, great series!
Love the philosophy in it but a little flawed. Take this scene:

DNA is a program designed to amplify itself (including things fairly similar to what is in "itself"). I don't agree with the part about intangible memory and not being able to define memory. I agree that humanity (outside of a few science fiction writers) has underestimated the consequences of computerization. The part about not being able to prove your existence is a separate issue from explaining what life is.

Highly thought provoking nonetheless. Very ahead of its time in many ways. Very high-quality material. I loved it

Reactions: noname223
maggot

maggot

Jun 29, 2024
Honestly while I looked deeply into the plot and the meaning I still have yet to fully understand it. I've always been more into the aestetic and the music. But that's also what I love about it, I discover something new every time I watch it. It's very contemplative and thought provoking at the same time. I will look deeper into what you said. Now I want to rewatch it

Reactions: DarkRange55
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
Yeah, love this film. My understanding of it is very limited though, and fragmented, so I'll definetely have to give it another watch some time to piece it all together. Feels very similar to 'Do androids dream of electric sheep?' I'd say.

My favorite scene is where she takes of her invisibilty cloak after fighting that hacker guy; or where she's lying on the floor letting the program infiltrate her mind; or where she's underwarer and has some kind of epiohany... actually there's a lot more but it would take too long to list them all.

maggot

maggot

Jun 29, 2024
My understanding of it is very limited though, and fragmented
It was the same for me for a long time, still is to some extant. Asking a ton of questions to ChatGPT helped. But wondering wtf is going on is part of the experience and the charme of the movie imo. It's a whole thing with the music, the art, etc. Loved Mushishi too.

Reactions: yellowjester
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I deeply love this franchise. I love the two movies of Gits. There are also more movies with the Aries Series but it was not the same for me. The German dub for Arise is horrible.

I also loved the series Gits Stand Alone Complex. It made me buy J.D. Salinger stories. It is inspired by it. I read some of the Salinger stories but not my cup of tea. I prefer David Foster Wallace stories.

I have not fully understood the movies, series and the Salinger stories though. But they are very thoughtful and deep.

Reactions: maggot