tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
i have been saving my heart medication up (propranolol) to od on this month. its not ideal because of how unreliable and slow od is as a cbt method. while waiting for the meds ive become infatuated with the golden gate bridge, like perhaps jumping from it is my destiny and why i moved to the bay. ive heard that it is difficult however, due to patrolling police and volunteers as well as the partially completed suicide prevention net. i know the net is not entirely complete and it is still possible to jump. does anyone know where on the bridge this is? what time of day is best? is there really that many cops or people that would try to intervene, especially if you are quick? im thinking of going to scope it out but im worried about being suspicious. any advice on the bridge or jumping in general would be appreciated.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrknEyes and Some place nice
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I plan on jumping. My advice is if you are going to jump, don't hesitate at all. Must be done in one fluid motion.

Upvote 0
BrknEyes

BrknEyes

Walking skeleton
Nov 2, 2023
I feel this, I'm close to the bay and have thought about the bridge a lot (specifically when younger). If you don't want to look suspicious just act like a tourist and look at everything.

Upvote 0
KillerIsMe

KillerIsMe

Aug 26, 2023
I'd be worried about it not killing me right away. I'm aware that it's a 98% completion rate but a lot of that probably comes from drownng.

Upvote 0
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
I plan on jumping. My advice is if you are going to jump, don't hesitate at all. Must be done in one fluid motion.
i think this too... i would have to just jump over the railing and pitch myself off. its a shame because i would like to take in the scenery.
I'd be worried about it not killing me right away. I'm aware that it's a 98% completion rate but a lot of that probably comes from drownng.
i am a little worried, but i think of drowning more as a safety net. if the impact doesnt kill me, at least ill drown. it might not be the most peaceful but no method is perfect.
I feel this, I'm close to the bay and have thought about the bridge a lot (specifically when younger). If you don't want to look suspicious just act like a tourist and look at everything.
i can see why its one of the most popular places to commit suicide in the world, it really calls you. i was thinking i could have my phone out taking pictures or something, and dress a little nicer

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
i think this too... i would have to just jump over the railing and pitch myself off. its a shame because i would like to take in the scenery.
I used to think the same thing. I would picture myself falling backwards and looking up at the stars. Since I've been close to actually jumping I've realized it will not be so poetic. It will be terrifying. I will exit the elevator, run and hop over a railing. I will probably say "Oh shit this is gonna hurt." I have read studies of jumping survivors and they say they don't remember hitting, so there's that.

Reactions: tinyghost and Ghostmaster
Upvote 0