C

coconutsnope

Jul 28, 2024
I have found a place to jump from that is definitely tall enough. It's almost I think over 90 m. The issue is that other people have had this idea and they've installed a security fence around it. I have chronic pain which is part of the reason I've made the decision to CTB. I can walk, I can climb over something but I don't have great use of my hands/upper body to cut through anything. Any ideas? I've been trying to watch drone footage of the area and see what I'm up against but once I make the drive up to it, I'm gonna to have to bring what I need to get over fast before anyone calls the cops.

It would be so much easier if I could get a gun.

Also, I'm not nervous and I don't need to talk about the height or anything. I don't care if I am not completely gone when I hit the ground. The area is remote, so I'm sure I will be done by the time anyone gets to me. I'm not afraid of pain. I've tried so many times last year. Knowing I found a permanent solution is a relief now. I don't feel any nervousness. I'm just relieved. Except for the damn fence! I am worried about being stopped before I can get over the fence. Has anyone had to get over a barbwire fence before? Thanks all.

• Hugs
Reactions: blackjack711, davidtorez and Forever Sleep
Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
Yeah, I have. You just lean down and carefully duck between the wires, being careful not to snag your clothes or anything. I haven't done it in a long while though so take this with a grain of salt 😅

Reactions: coconutsnope and davidtorez
Upvote 1
C

coconutsnope

Jul 28, 2024
Yeah, I have. You just lean down and carefully duck between the wires, being careful not to snag your clothes or anything. I haven't done it in a long while though so take this with a grain of salt 😅
This might sound really stupid, maybe because I am sleep deprived from insomnia, but I didn't even think of going under. I was trying to figure out how to go over. So this is actually helpful. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Kadaver
Upvote 0
B

blackjack711

Sep 8, 2024
If property damage doesn't bother you a good pair of bolt cutters or tinsnips are a good way to make that wire just a pile of scrap

Reactions: coconutsnope and Tonkpils
Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You can't use your hands at all? They make wire cutters with long handles for additional leverage. Like bolt cutters. They could be carried in a backpack.

Reactions: coconutsnope
Upvote 0
Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
This might sound really stupid, maybe because I am sleep deprived from insomnia, but I didn't even think of going under. I was trying to figure out how to go over. So this is actually helpful. Thank you.
Lmao is ok! I'm often sleep-deprived too. I'm glad I could help 💜

Reactions: coconutsnope
Upvote 0
C

coconutsnope

Jul 28, 2024
If property damage doesn't bother you a good pair of bolt cutters or tinsnips are a good way to make that wire just a pile of scrap
It doesn't bother me because it's not private property, it's owned by a corporation. A horrible corporation. I'm worried about being able to squeeze the wire cutters, I have pretty low hand strength. I think I will take a pair with me just in case though, good idea.
You can't use your hands at all? They make wire cutters with long handles for additional leverage. Like bolt cutters. They could be carried in a backpack.
I'm gonna have to look at the hardware store. Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0