lonegore

lonegore

Fading clouds
Jul 16, 2023
I personally don't believe in reincarnation but what if?

I believe in souls so it does somehow relate to the subject of reincarnation, so I got my doubts. I never really understood the people that wishes to be reincarnated once they pass away. Even if you would to get a better life, living as a whole isn't something I would ever want to re-experience again. I just hope we all disappear and forget each other, time stops, life stops. Thoughts maybe?

Reactions: sserafim, LittleJem, StolenLife and 2 others
bloodblacknothing

bloodblacknothing

from stardust, to stardust
Jul 16, 2023
reincarnation both scares and excites me, though i wouldn't say those feelings are in equal amount. through reincarnation, i could be born into a part of the world i love, with a family that actually treats me like a human being, a brain that isn't constantly disintegrating tself, et cetera - sounds great, right? well, the other side of the coin is what scares me.

even through the traumatic experiences i've had, i still just know that it could be so, so much worse. the chance of being born into a safe, caring, responsible environment has to be dramatically lower than that of the opposite, given how easy it is for terrible people to have children (source: my parents). while the opportunity to live a life that we all deserve sounds amazing, the chances aren't. even if you were born into a better life, there's no guarantee things wouldn't fly off the rails soon into it.

i don't know, maybe i'm just cynical; maybe hoping for a chance at a better life is better than accepting bitter finality. it's hard to maintain a rational, non-biased opinion on this, given how truly tired this life has made me.

whatever comes next, if anything, i just hope we all get the peace we deserve.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, DynamicDepression, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The thought of such a thing certainly is so horrific to me, I only wish for permanent non-existence, I could never wish to be trapped in this repulsive world filled with endless suffering for all eternity, existence is undesirable in every way possible. But I see reincarnation as being completely fictional.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
We will know after wie are dead. I hope for myself never ever to be materialized again.

Reactions: lonegore
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
I don't believe in souls or reincarnation, but similarly to @bloodblacknothing, the idea of reincarnation is both exciting and terrifying to me.

A part of me wants to reincarnate and live the ideal life I never could have. That part of me wants nothing more than to be reincarnated into a good body with a pretty face and a beautiful mind. It wants to be with the person I love in a life where I'm not shackled down by my diseased brain, traumatic past, or disfigured body. A life where I deserve to be with my beloved.

But the other part of me questions whether that would be worth it. Even if I get to be with that person in the life I always wanted, will that be worth all the pain I will go through in that life regardless? And perhaps even more importantly, will it make up for all the pain I will cause others in even the ideal lifetime? Perhaps it is a good thing that reincarnation seems hopelessly far-fetched to me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lonegore and bloodblacknothing
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019

I believe in souls so it does somehow relate to the subject of reincarnation, so I got my doubts. I never really understood the people that wishes to be reincarnated once they pass away. Even if you would to get a better life, living as a whole isn't something I would ever want to re-experience again. I just hope we all disappear and forget each other, time stops, life stops. Thoughts maybe?
Everyone likes Cloud...in response to your pfp...

• Love
Reactions: lonegore
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

I want to get reincarnated as a cat with a nice and loving owner, but not as a human being. Hell no. Never again. This (human) life is enough for me

• Love
Reactions: Passersby
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I really hope reincarnation isn't real. I cant stand the thought of coming back to earth and having to do this all over again. If we had no memory of our previous life then we wouldn't know we reincarnated. In this case maybe we wouldn't be so upset about it? It still doesn't change the fact that we would have to repeat everything all over again. What about the possibility of reincarnating forever? We would die each time but keep coming back forever and ever being forced to live forever on earth no matter what.

Reactions: sserafim
fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
i have mixed feelings about reincarnation. the thing is, everyone thinks about reincarnation after the death of their current life, but if reincarnation were real, what about your current life already being a reincarnation? i hope that makes sense.

when you think about it that way, reincarnation doesn't seem very plausible nor desirable, does it? for one, i have no memories or feelings of a potential previous life- if reincarnation were truly real i would want to keep my sense of self, or at least some memories. otherwise whats the point? if im not ME anymore, or have no recollection of a previous version of myself, then i might as well not exist at all. it also just doesn't seem possible for reincarnation to exist if theres not SOME sort of evidence of a previous life.
secondly, if my current life is a reincarnation, then what good is being reincarnated? at first, reincarnation seemed nice because i could fantasize about being born into a body and life that i truly want and enjoy. but if a life like mine is a possible reincarnation? ha. id rather hell be real.

Reactions: sserafim
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i'd only want to live for programming software and games and computers in general if i could come back as a progammer i'd be happy
26047040 150604105716356 5106011433386449896 n 150604105716356
26112298 150604022383031 2559316158913097996 n 150604022383031

Reactions: Jarni