Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Any ideas? If you are absolutely certain your method will work in time, you could call them and do it. But that's asking for problems.

A dead man's switch - email, text, even voice to alert the authorities could work, but you can't exactly test the reliability without giving the game away.

Then there's doing it in a place where there won't be a theatre of flashing blue and red lights and swarms of people looking around and asking questions.

Fuck this man. Then I have to pay for a death certificate on top!

Reactions: Hennessy and AnnihilatedAnna
locusdelicti

locusdelicti

Jan 6, 2019
N or some similarly silent method. Hotel. Cleaning or management will find you, alert the authorities (as quietly as possible - they don't want to disrupt business).

You're saying you can't test your dead man's switch by sending a delayed email to a dummy account or using a tried-and-true widget for delayed text messages on your phone?

Sorry if I'm not following the questions or intent of your thread...

Reactions: Jodes
D

Deltrus

Mar 20, 2019
I found that no emergency services in british columbia canada have emails. The closest thing I found was that the funeral home has an email, they should be used to dealing with death right? I'd feel bad, but explaining in the email that there was no better option, and apologizing, may make things better.

As for a timed email, just try it sending a delayed email to yourself, that should work.

Last edited:
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
N or some similarly silent method. Hotel. Cleaning or management will find you, alert the authorities (as quietly as possible - they don't want to disrupt business).

You're saying you can't test your dead man's switch by sending a delayed email to a dummy account or using a tried-and-true widget for delayed text messages on your phone?

Sorry if I'm not following the questions or intent of your thread...
You're absolutely spot on, thanks. I can't think strait on these meds.

Although I can't get a large tank into a hotel room, and I really do want that method, here at home sadly. I suppose I haven't thought of a way of sending a delayed email that I trust. What would you use?
I found that no emergency services in british columbia canada have emails. The closest thing I found was that the funeral home has an email, they should be used to dealing with death right? I'd feel bad, but explaining in the email that there was no better option, and apologizing, may make things better.

As for a timed email, just try it sending a delayed email to yourself, that should work.
I suppose most professional services would do something. I could spam them all. ha.

locusdelicti

locusdelicti

Jan 6, 2019
Gmail and Boomerang work and play really well together. Also, there are Android and iPhone options for text messages, if that's how you want to go. I'm an iPhone guy, so I downloaded Shortcuts (it's free). It's basically a workflow manager, and there are people out there who have downloadable little apps. Just google "Shortcuts iphone delayed text" and you should find the app that will populate your Shortcuts dashboard. You'll see. Very user-friendly.