rotting

rotting

Aug 23, 2024
i want to ask what you guys think about my current situation.

the doctors told me there's nothing else they can do. i'm on meds for a year now, but i've been treating this depression since forever.

nowadays i'm taking venlafaxine, desvenlafaxine, bupropion and quetiapine.

the psychiatrist told me i'm on the highest dose in each one of them, so he can't increase it. what he can do is change the meds, but he told me, with his words: "it will not change a thing".

yesterday i had an appointment with my therapist, but i decided i'm not going anymore, and i also won't come back to the psychiatrist.
i've decided to keep taking the meds until they end and never buy them anymore.

ok, the thing here is, the last time i didn't took them, i felt like i could kill myself easily. because without the meds i literally have 0 serotonin, etc.

after reading this, you guys think there's another option for me? fr, i can't handle anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Higurashi415, Kalista and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum! Idk know what you can actually do when meds don't help. It's probably treatment resistent depression. You can look in the Recovery Section, there are a lot of resources if you still want to try things.

Imo just stopping all meds cold turkey isn't a good idea.

• Love
Reactions: rotting
rotting

rotting

Aug 23, 2024
Welcome to the forum! Idk know what you can actually do when meds don't help. It's probably treatment resistent depression. You can look in the Recovery Section, there are a lot of resources if you still want to try things.

Imo just stopping all meds cold turkey isn't a good idea.
i don't want to try anything else :)
i think i already did enough, and stoping all the meds would lead me to ctb, ig

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
landslide2

landslide2

Experienced
May 6, 2024
even if you choose path of ctb, stopping meds cold turkey can cause you unwanted trouble and just not a good idea i'll also say.
have you tried other things like ketamine treatments yet? something to ask your psych about.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
rotting

rotting

Aug 23, 2024
even if you choose path of ctb, stopping meds cold turkey can cause you unwanted trouble and just not a good idea i'll also say.
have you tried other things like ketamine treatments yet? something to ask your psych about.
you're probably right. i think people would stop me from ctb if i just stop the meds cold turkey. all my psychiatrist barely listens to me now, they just give me the same prescription again and again cuz they say that's it. but i can try it anyways. thanks for the reply :)