Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'm trying to get of my current meds and it's only been one day and I feel so sick and so bad. My whole day was horrible, I feel dizzy, feel like I'm going to throw up any second, my breathing is heavy and I feel like I'm choking from time to time. I was at home the whole day because I'm a student and have online school currently, the only "difficult" activity regarding moving my body was cleaning my rabbits cage and I got so sweaty and my whole body was on fire and dizzy. Sometimes I get there weird brain zap moments where my brain just..hurts?? Like I have to close my eyes and press on my temples, the "zap" only takes like 3 seconds and then it's fine but it's so weird. And I'm gonna have to be like this for a whole week till the meds leave my body completely

• Hugs
Reactions: not4us
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
What med? And are you tapering slowly or cold turkey?

Reactions: Lupgevif
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
What med? And are you tapering slowly or cold turkey?
It's Venlafaxine, I had to do it cold turkey (idk how to use this phrase cause I never heard it lol) because the pill is in the edible cover that makes it dissolve over the course of the day, so that means I can't open it and only take half or break it in pieces. I guess if I told my doctor before hand she could have given me a pack of lower doses but I didn't want to go a doctor rn.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Quitting venlafaxine cold turkey will cause a lot of withdrawal symptoms. I've read some posts from users who are trying to come off them. It's better to lower the dosage and taper slowly

Reactions: Skathon, Lupgevif and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It's Venlafaxine, I had to do it cold turkey (idk how to use this phrase cause I never heard it lol) because the pill is in the edible cover that makes it dissolve over the course of the day, so that means I can't open it and only take half or break it in pieces. I guess if I told my doctor before hand she could have given me a pack of lower doses but I didn't want to go a doctor rn.
Talk to your doctor. Just stopping it is hard and awful.

Reactions: Lupgevif
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
It's a withdrawal symptom. I went through it once (not from Venlafaxine tho). Can you talk to your doctor asap? Stopping cold turkey is never good.

Reactions: Skathon
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I didn't have an issue coming off of it, but it I did, I probably would have tried ginger capsules to try countering any nausea.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Venlafaxin is though to get off from. Do try to get small dosages, otherwise I don't think there is much else to do rather than just bearing with it.