Olm

Olm

Oct 2, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Throughout my life I have always been lost in colors. It is difficult to describe, but whenever I see a particular saturation of green, a hue of blue, or even a humble brown coat, I just stop. It's almost as though time freezes in place, hanging in place for an indeterminate amount of time. No thoughts, no feelings, just that piercing color. When I come to I often feel sad, as the color had taken something from me. Or maybe I resent being placed back where I am. I am not too sure what the answer might be.

Does anyone else have experiences like this?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, hungry_ghost and Life_and_Death
Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
Do you have any comforting colors that make you feel good?

Olm

Olm

Oct 2, 2022
Do you have any comforting colors that make you feel good?
Well now that I think about it, I do associate certain colors with tastes or experiences. Blacks and purples make me feel tired, blues remind me of the taste of licorice, and greens remind me of the time I slipped in algae. I do not know if I would call this positive necessarily though. What about you?

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I think I see what you mean. Bodies of water I tend to get lost in, but I'm not sure if it's because of the inherent majesty of it, or the color blue, but I have always found myself lost in blues and greens, they can be very beautiful colors, certain shades.

Olm

Olm

Oct 2, 2022
I think I see what you mean. Bodies of water I tend to get lost in, but I'm not sure if it's because of the inherent majesty of it, or the color blue, but I have always found myself lost in blues and greens, they can be very beautiful colors, certain shades.
I feel a similar way.

Water is one of my favorite things to look at. Depending on the concentration of salts it can be so many different hues. I personally get carried away by how water dances. I could watch water ripple and flow all day, surfaces spinning like those old ball dresses mid-performance.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I feel a similar way.

Water is one of my favorite things to look at. Depending on the concentration of salts it can be so many different hues. I personally get carried away by how water dances. I could watch water ripple and flow all day, surfaces spinning like those old ball dresses mid-performance.
Yeah I don't get very many chances to go to the beach (generally I stay at home), the last time I did get the chance though I loved looking at the ocean. Love seeing the water ripple, the waves crash, the serenity. I love the ocean!

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Throughout my life I have always been lost in colors. It is difficult to describe, but whenever I see a particular saturation of green, a hue of blue, or even a humble brown coat, I just stop. It's almost as though time freezes in place, hanging in place for an indeterminate amount of time. No thoughts, no feelings, just that piercing color. When I come to I often feel sad, as the color had taken something from me. Or maybe I resent being placed back where I am. I am not too sure what the answer might be.

Does anyone else have experiences like this?
Every looked into Grapheme–color synesthesia? There's also something else out there but I forgot the name of it completely. It sounded to be what you are describing more so than Synesthesia, but literally cannot remember it right now.

Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
Well now that I think about it, I do associate certain colors with tastes or experiences. Blacks and purples make me feel tired, blues remind me of the taste of licorice, and greens remind me of the time I slipped in algae. I do not know if I would call this positive necessarily though. What about you?
I actually experience similar things, but it's not related to colors but objects, locations and activities, though it's hars to explain. I tend to feel warmth towards certain things I mentioned above and disgust towards others. It's like I am some silent judge of some shadowy, uncertain characteristic. I don't understand it well enough myself.

An antique, leather bound book is warm and inviting, but a screwdriver or a doorknob are ugly and unsightly. Same with locations. A forest or a silent dirt road are heaven compared to paved roads, industrial districts and shopping malls.

Olm

Olm

Oct 2, 2022
Yeah I don't get very many chances to go to the beach (generally I stay at home), the last time I did get the chance though I loved looking at the ocean. Love seeing the water ripple, the waves crash, the serenity. I love the ocean!
The ocean is an interesting place to visit for sure. I get overwhelmed very quickly by all the sounds, animals, and textures, so I can only handle it in small bursts.
Every looked into Grapheme–color synesthesia? There's also something else out there but I forgot the name of it completely. It sounded to be what you are describing more so than Synesthesia, but literally cannot remember it right now.
I will need to look up those then, thank you. Do you have these kind of experiences as well? In my experiences it has prevented me from being able to focus, however I do not see it as a negative trait.
I actually experience similar things, but it's not related to colors but objects, locations and activities, though it's hars to explain. I tend to feel warmth towards certain things I mentioned above and disgust towards others. It's like I am some silent judge of some shadowy, uncertain characteristic. I don't understand it well enough myself.

An antique, leather bound book is warm and inviting, but a screwdriver or a doorknob are ugly and unsightly. Same with locations. A forest or a silent dirt road are heaven compared to paved roads, industrial districts and shopping malls.
I have the exact same experience with paper! I really dislike printer paper and certain commercial papers if they feel too scratchy. Old books make me feel as though I am drinking black coffee. I wonder why we associate experiences with seemingly disconnected ideas. Or perhaps I should ask why we separate these from each other.

Reactions: Raskolnikov's Axe and WhatPowerIs
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
The ocean is an interesting place to visit for sure. I get overwhelmed very quickly by all the sounds, animals, and textures, so I can only handle it in small bursts.

I will need to look up those then, thank you. Do you have these kind of experiences as well? In my experiences it has prevented me from being able to focus, however I do not see it as a negative trait.

I have the exact same experience with paper! I really dislike printer paper and certain commercial papers if they feel too scratchy. Old books make me feel as though I am drinking black coffee. I wonder why we associate experiences with seemingly disconnected ideas. Or perhaps I should ask why we separate these from each other.
I do not have any of these experiences personally, I've just talked to people who have had that and they explained it close to the way you guys are explaining it and it reminded me of those 2 things.

Olm

Olm

Oct 2, 2022
I do not have any of these experiences personally, I've just talked to people who have had that and they explained it close to the way you guys are explaining it and it reminded me of those 2 things.
After looking at the definition, I believe that might be what I am speaking of. The definition even got the way I see people right! I tend to remember colors and temperatures when recalling individuals. I struggle with consistently remembering names, but I can always recall people as "warm, green, hand-knitted scarf."

Maybe that's why color tends to get me lost.

Reactions: lionetta12