Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
What is the best free option to get my iTunes library from my laptop into my Android phone. I just downloaded iSyncr into my phone but am unclear if it is better to download directly from my laptop into my phone via a USB cable connection or to use iSyncr. But, if I use a USB connect I'm unclear what music player I would use and how difficult it would be the setup. My guess is Google music is free? I'm unclear. It seems Apple music isn't free?

I just purchased a new phone and upgraded my Verizon plan. My plan has ESPN Hulu and Disney but I don't think I have music with it? But, I am not 100% sure about the music and can call the Verizon office tomorrow to ask.

I don't feel the need to pay to stream music because I have around 3,000 songs in my iTunes library. I listen to my songs for exercise purposes and frankly I'm not lacking anyting in my library. Thus, I don't feel the need to acquire additional songs through a streaming service.

It looks like iSyncr has its own music player if I were to use it to download my music.

Don't think this fact matters but I don't have internet at home and I will be downloading though the internet connection at my local McDonald's.

I'm not knowledgeable with this stuff and frankly I don't have interest to research for twenty hours on this topic. And for a point of reference I was using an iPod Nano previously and was extremely happy because I was able to group my songs into folders that serve me well while excercising and riding my bike.

My Nano finally broke and there are reasons for me wanting to try riding my bike with my phone including being able to use the app Strava on my rides and having my phone with me in case I break down; I can call my sister to come pick me up.

Thanks for any and all ideas.

Last edited:
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I believe you should be able to upload all your music to Google Play Music, then either listen in the app or download the music to your phone. I know I saw something in Google Play about adding your own music, but I haven't tried yet. If this works all your music would be saved online to your Google account. Otherwise yeah using the cable to download from your computer would work. I don't know of any other methods.

Edit: I forgot Google Play Music is shutting down later this month. It's now YouTube Music, but it works the same. I also found that you can upload up to 50,000 songs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chupacabra 44