Opossum

Opossum

Jul 29, 2024
OK! So, at my grandma's at the moment, im pretty much homeless, i ran from my moms house and i refuse to go back even if she will let me back in. SO what im doing right now and why have i been off line for so long?

About 5 days ago i ran from my moms, one kast fight did it for me. It was a short verbal fight. i asked "do you want me to leave?" To her after over hearing her talking shit about me once again to her friends. 10-15 min. After that or so, i packed my essentials, and as much clothes as i could, leaveing the place without even a glance or goodbye.

I walked for a while, i left around 8:30 that night i think, and i dont know how long i walked but it was pitch black dark, not counting the street lights. I was planning to lay on the near by train tracks, but with how dark it was i didn't want to be walking around as a 19yo. Girl. So i walked past the tracks, then planning on finding new tracks or back tracking to the ones i knew were they were.

Asi continued to walk, staying near the busy roads for safety, i came across a game store café that was open tell midnight. Walking past it, i started to think, about takeing another shot at recovery, i had nothing more to lose at this point so i said "fuck it" to myself and went in to the place. The owner helped me call the police, ant they took me to the Psych ward at the hospital.

I truly start trying to recover, working with the nurses and doctor best i could, i made some irl friends to be a support system along with my grandma. Still though, the train tracks were my back up. On the second or 3 third day there, my social worker came to me with the bridges program, witch will help me with lots of things, houseing being one of them.

So now, i filled out and mailed the paperwork for the bridges program today with my grandma and sent it off. Now its a waiting game. But i can only stay am with my grandma for so long, so I planned to camp out at the bus stop nearby and come back to charge my phone, use wifi bathe ect. Ect.

So this is whats going on right now, im medicated, hopefully getting Therapy, a assessment on ADHD/autism, and if i qualify for bridges, get a dorm room to be in and plenty of help to get on my feet for once and be independent eventually.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, ham and potatoes, whywere and 5 others
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
That's awesome dude. I hope things keep working out 🫂
You remind me baguette of my cousin
edit: 🥖 Meant vaguely lol

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, Praestat_Mori and Opossum
Opossum

Opossum

Jul 29, 2024
That's awesome dude. I hope things keep working out 🫂
You remind me baguette of my cousin
Thx 😊 even though in on the recovery path, ill keep posting updates and such here, i like this community to much to just drop it all together.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, Praestat_Mori and sugarb
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Thx 😊 even though in on the recovery path, ill keep posting updates and such here, i like this community to much to just drop it all together.
Cool ^^ will be glad to see you

Also- I'm the same age as you and you joined on my bday 😵‍💫 wacky coincidences

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Opossum

Opossum

Jul 29, 2024
Cool ^^ will be glad to see you

Also- I'm the same age as you and you joined on my bday 😵‍💫 wacky coincidences
Oh wow, lol thats crazy and cool all at once! 😲
Oh but its almost 1 am ware i am and im practically falling asleep standing so ima go to bed and pass out, ill talk to you again!

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, Praestat_Mori and sugarb
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Oh wow, lol thats crazy and cool all at once! 😲
Oh but its almost 1 am ware i am and im practically falling asleep standing so ima go to bed and pass out, ill talk to you again!
Ikr!
yea same here. Gnight!

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm glad that things look better for you! Good luck! 🫂

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Congrats, as far as looking out for yourself and getting help.

You are such a wonderful person, and I hope with all my heart and soul that everything works out great for you.

Always have you in my thoughts.

Walter

Reactions: GuessWhosBack