T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Student
Nov 20, 2019
Are Beta Blockers something you can get from a Walk-in clinic if you have hypotension/high blood pressure? I have been looking on the site and see nothing about getting them other than purchasing or getting a script but wasn't sure if you can get the script from a clinic rather than a proper GP appointment. I know it isn't necessary to get but I am doing everything I can to make it easier, after all why work harder when you can work smarter. Thanks everyone

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and cosmicpixiedust
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Are Beta Blockers something you can get from a Walk-in clinic if you have hypotension/high blood pressure? I have been looking on the site and see nothing about getting them other than purchasing or getting a script but wasn't sure if you can get the script from a clinic rather than a proper GP appointment. I know it isn't necessary to get but I am doing everything I can to make it easier, after all why work harder when you can work smarter. Thanks everyone

Do you have hypertension? Because you can't really fake that.

But! Propranolol is super, super easy to get because they like to prescribe it for anxiety these days.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
You might be able to try the pushhealth website : tell them symptoms, request medication, nurse approves it, collect at your local pharmacy. Cost : $50

Don't know what regions they cover, but please post here if you find out.....

T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Student
Nov 20, 2019
Do you have hypertension? Because you can't really fake that.

But! Propranolol is super, super easy to get because they like to prescribe it for anxiety these days.
I do have high blood pressure or at least last time I went to a walk in it was at stage 2 hypertension levels (140/90? I think) but they wanted me to get some tests but if I go to a walk in would they prescribe something like that or does it have to come from a GP?

I know if you say Chest pain they do a work up so I want to avoid that just want to get the pills

Last edited:
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I do have high blood pressure or at least last time I went to a walk in it was at stage 2 hypertension levels (140/90? I think) but they wanted me to get some tests but if I go to a walk in would they prescribe something like that or does it have to come from a GP?

I know if you say Chest pain they do a work up so I want to avoid that just want to get the pills
I'm honestly not sure. Is there a reason you can't go to a gp?

In my experience, it's much easier to get beta blockers for anxiety than high blood pressure. My anxiety and fear of hospitals pretty much guarantees my blood pressure is high at every doctor and clinic visit. They always ask me is it usual for it to run high and if I'm on any blood pressure medicine. And then they tell me to follow up with my doctor about it and never prescribe me anything.

But every single time I'm at a psych appointment they try to push some sort of beta blocker on me for the anxiety. I have at least three different ones right now for that.

Last edited:
T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Student
Nov 20, 2019
I'm honestly not sure. Is there a reason you can't go to a gp?

In my experience, it's much easier to get beta blockers for anxiety than high blood pressure. My anxiety and fear of hospitals pretty much guarantees my blood pressure is high at every doctor and clinic visit. They always ask me is it usual for it to run high and if I'm on any blood pressure medicine. And then they tell me to follow up with my doctor about it and never prescribe me anything.

But every single time I'm at a psych appointment they try to push some sort of beta blocker on me for the anxiety. I have at least three different ones right now for that.
Just don't want to wait for an appointment is all, other than that I could go them.

I just worry that saying you want something for anxiety at a walk in is 1. Not important enough to go to one 2. They could think you're fishing for benzo's. I already have high BP so I can just use that to my advantage and then saying that my heart beats really fast some times and had the odd pain or so would qualify and potentially get them if that makes sense. If I'm mistaken in my thinking though I'd love to hear others opinions just getting feedback before I head to one.

I tried looking uo how people got them but didn't find much on it so figured a new thread wouldn't be the worst idea, sorry for making a new thread regarding SN but it was a question I couldn't find answers to elsewhere.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Just don't want to wait for an appointment is all, other than that I could go them.

I just worry that saying you want something for anxiety at a walk in is 1. Not important enough to go to one 2. They could think you're fishing for benzo's. I already have high BP so I can just use that to my advantage and then saying that my heart beats really fast some times and had the odd pain or so would qualify and potentially get them if that makes sense. If I'm mistaken in my thinking though I'd love to hear others opinions just getting feedback before I head to one.

I tried looking uo how people got them but didn't find much on it so figured a new thread wouldn't be the worst idea, sorry for making a new thread regarding SN but it was a question I couldn't find answers to elsewhere.
That's the thing. They automatically give propranolol because they don't want to prescribe benzos. That's why it's so easy to get. Also, you can always try telling a white lie and saying that helped your anxiety in the past but you let your script lapse and ran out.

I'm just afraid you'd need to wait for that gp appointment with the blood pressure thing.

Of course, there's only one way to find out!

T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Student
Nov 20, 2019
That's the thing. They automatically give propranolol because they don't want to prescribe benzos. That's why it's so easy to get. Also, you can always try telling a white lie and saying that helped your anxiety in the past but you let your script lapse and ran out.

I'm just afraid you'd need to wait for that gp appointment with the blood pressure thing.

Of course, there's only one way to find out!
True in a worst case I can always go to two different walk in's and try BP first and then propranolol anxiety at the next if needed. I'm going to give it a shot, just wanted to run it past others before I went in to avoid multiple trips or sounding like a weird guy casually wanting Beta Blockers. Thanks for your input!

I'll update once I try but if anyone else has feedback I would love to hear it and mull it over

W

Winter_Flower

Always thirsty for summer rain x
May 18, 2019
Are you uk based?

Catlovergirl

Catlovergirl

Shan32- Suicide is only for the brave.
Oct 24, 2020
i want to do the beta blocker shit just coz i know ill panic like a bitch when my heart starts 2 pump and I hate the feeling. so heaing u need to have highblood then take cocaine or meth an hour before you go and then they take ur pressure as speaking from experience they will say it's a bit high or very high. Hope it helps guys and gals.