Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
So how likely will I be able to convince a doctor to prescribe Zofran? I'm planning to complain about migraine headaches and nausea. I'm in Canada.

Reactions: Swisher
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
That's exactly what I have and it was no big deal to get it. However, if you're thinking of using it with SN, I think for some reason you specifically need Reglan (I can't think of the generic name.) I'm not sure why, but I'm sure the SN megathread would explain it.

Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
That's exactly what I have and it was no big deal to get it. However, if you're thinking of using it with SN, I think for some reason you specifically need Reglan (I can't think of the generic name.) I'm not sure why, but I'm sure the SN megathread would explain it.
I'm planning to use it with N.

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
So how likely will I be able to convince a doctor to prescribe Zofran? I'm planning to complain about migraine headaches and nausea. I'm in Canada.

I also live in Canada. I had no problem getting Metoclopramide at a walk-in clinic. I just told the doctor I had chronic nausea (which is actually the truth). You shouldn't have a problem, since it's not a controlled substance.

Reactions: Swisher and Mofreeko
M

Maria M

Mar 30, 2019
Does anyone know where I can get two 8 mg Zofran pills ASAP without a prescription? I'm the US. Please PM me if you have a solution. Thanks! I want to order N, but not without getting Zofran first.

Reactions: Deadgirl
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I also live in Canada. I had no problem getting Metoclopramide at a walk-in clinic. I just told the doctor I had chronic nausea (which is actually the truth). You shouldn't have a problem, since it's not a controlled substance.
Is Metoclopramide better than Zofran?

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018

According to this thread Zofran is the better of the two: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/anti-emetics-reglan-vs-zofran.14609/

M

Maria M

Mar 30, 2019
I read online somewhere that they're equally effective. Metoclopramide can cause EPS in some people, but its recommended more often in suicidal literature than Zofran.

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
I'm planning to use it with N.
I do see that is the preferred anti-emetic when using the SN method. I just wonder if that is particular to that combination? Because Zofran is recommended for cancer patients receiving chemo. It's generic was even featured in Breaking Bad in one scene.

intr0naut

intr0naut

Student
May 26, 2018
Metoclopramide is used by Dignitas and i think it's the recommened antiemetic in OD, the second one being domperidone, both dopamine antagonists. Ondansetron (Zofran) is a serotonin receptor antagonist and it's used for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy because the irritation of the GI mucosa by the medication used in chemotherapy (which is cytotoxic and increase the levels of serotonin in the blood) are transmitted through the vagal nerve to the chemoreceptor trigger zone via activating serotonin receptors (5-HT3). It has no effect on dopamine receptors.
It seems though that in an OD, it's mainly the dopamine receptors that are activated, hence metoclopramide should be a better choice. Metoclopramide is also a mixed 5-HT3/5-HT4 serotonin receptor antagonist and should protect againt serotonin-induced emesis too. On top of this, metoclopramide is a prokinetic agent, meaning it facilitates the emptying of the stomach.

Reactions: locusdelicti, throwaway_2620, Mofreeko and 2 others
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
Metoclopramide is used by Dignitas and i think it's the recommened antiemetic in OD, the second one being domperidone, both dopamine antagonists. Ondansetron (Zofran) is a serotonin receptor antagonist and it's used for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy because the irritation of the GI mucosa by the medication used in chemotherapy (which is cytotoxic and increase the levels of serotonin in the blood) are transmitted through the vagal nerve to the chemoreceptor trigger zone via activating serotonin receptors (5-HT3). It has no effect on dopamine receptors.
It seems though that in an OD, it's mainly the dopamine receptors that are activated, hence metoclopramide should be a better choice. Metoclopramide is also a mixed 5-HT3/5-HT4 serotonin receptor antagonist and should protect againt serotonin-induced emesis too. On top of this, metoclopramide is a prokinetic agent, meaning it facilitates the emptying of the stomach.
Thank you so much for this. It's way too detailed for it to have come off the top of your head. I have been so curious about this as I have taken both. I knew there was a medical reason for it being specified in the SN cocktail, and I will keep it mind if I want to try an OD again. I'm looking at a much different combo than I've unsuccessfully tried in the past. This makes sense, and it should be easy to make something up to get it instead of Zofran from my doc. Thanks again for the factual, scientific evidence supporting its use. :hug:

Deadgirl

Deadgirl

Game Over
Mar 31, 2019
Does anyone know where I can get two 8 mg Zofran pills ASAP without a prescription? I'm the US. Please PM me if you have a solution. Thanks! I want to order N, but not without getting Zofran first.
I am wondering the same thing. We could buy a bottle from Canada but the risk is customs will seize it.

locusdelicti

locusdelicti

Jan 6, 2019
Zofran is much easier than Meto to get from a doctor. I got mine from my primary care physician by explaining that my family goes on a yearly sailing trip and I've tried everything I could to avoid getting sea sick, to no avail. I explained it was a source of great embarrassment to me and I just wanted to enjoy one trip without being sick. He offered it up immediately without any further prompting.

Kirkscoobz

Kirkscoobz

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
What about Phenergan, its very easy to buy here over the counter.

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Zofran is much easier than Meto to get from a doctor. I got mine from my primary care physician by explaining that my family goes on a yearly sailing trip and I've tried everything I could to avoid getting sea sick, to no avail. I explained it was a source of great embarrassment to me and I just wanted to enjoy one trip without being sick. He offered it up immediately without any further prompting.

I guess I was lucky then. I just went to a walk-in clinic, said I had chronic nausea and the doctor wrote a prescription.