P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
Food for thought -

With euthanasia costing up to £10k not many people can afford this so could someone take out a loan to pay this? Obviously not disclosing the reason for the loan

What would happen after their death, would the loan be pushed into family?

Just throwing out some stoned thoughts out there!

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Don't see any reason why the loan would be pushed to a family member, this sounds like a solid strategy. Have you checked to see if you're a genius?

• Yay!
Reactions: Phoenix
x_LittleAmy_x

x_LittleAmy_x

Student
Mar 18, 2021
What is most likely to happen is that the money will be taken from your estate after you die.

• Aww..
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Symbiote
P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
Don't see any reason why the loan would be pushed to a family member, this sounds like a solid strategy. Have you checked to see if you're a genius?

I checked earlier and the test results came back 100% genius ;)
What is most likely to happen is that the money will be taken from your estate after you die.
well they won't get much there!

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Been thinking about this ever since Pegasos actually wrote back to me
I hate my family for giving up on me and accusing me of faking my ear condition so I dont care honestly if it gets passed to them :)

Reactions: blue_muse and Buffy5120
L

LifeIsAChore11

Dec 18, 2020
If you have a small estate, they don't bother to take anything. You also can have valuables/cash in a safe deposit box instead with a note to your loved ones if you truly want a way around it.

K

kukukoko

May 18, 2019
I'd still check the inheritence laws for your country. In mine the inheritor is asked if they want to get the inheritence if they say yes, they inherit all the assets and all the liabilities (they aren't owed to be told what liabilities the deceased has, so the heir could unknowingly accept the inheritence and go broke). But they aren't required and if they say no, then they aren't liable.

So I'd still check your local laws if you want to sort it out and maybe inform them in some way if they can get in trouble