I

IveHadEnough

a defective cell
Jul 17, 2019
Is anyone considering something like that? Before I ctb I'm planning to go the bank and get the biggest sum of money I can from them. Then, sell as much stuff I don't need as possible...
In the end I'll spend all the money I got on a luxurious tourist trip somewhere in the tropics, and die there. At least my final weeks are going to be somewhat pleasant.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: shelledone, LittleJem, AngelGirl and 12 others
W

wanttodie.nz

Student
Jul 24, 2019
Who is going to inherit the debt?

Reactions: Taki
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Yes I do.
Good one. A thread has common sense
You will die with honour and remembered for many years.
A genuine pro-choice heroe.

• Love
Reactions: AngelGirl, siray, namemanthedeadman and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Yes I do.
Good one. A thread has common sense
You will die with honour and remembered for many years.
A genuine pro-choice heroe.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, which makes it even more fun.

Reactions: Lovedove, Etherealdignity333, Pineapplecrown and 2 others
M

merem

Jul 23, 2019
Not very good idea.
If ever there is something that makes you unable to die for any reason. You will have a lot of big problems for you, your entourage, the police, the law, the prison, etc. And you will be in a psychic state even worse than this one and there you will have no way to put an end to your days.

Reactions: oopswronglife, HGL91 and riverstyx

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Is anyone considering something like that? Before I ctb I'm planning to go the bank and get the biggest sum of money I can from them. Then, sell as much stuff I don't need as possible...
In the end I'll spend all the money I got on a luxurious tourist trip somewhere in the tropics, and die there. At least my final weeks are going to be somewhat pleasant.
Sounds unreliable, you have to be absolutely sure you can off yourself when shit will reach the South Pole. On the other hand you may be surprised by your newfound determination (desperation) when banks are coming to get you :)

Reactions: Seaghost, Notcutoutforlife, aspx and 1 other person
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Sounds unreliable, you have to be absolutely sure you can off yourself when shit will reach the South Pole. On the other hand you may be surprised by your newfound determination (desperation) when banks are coming to get you :)

Why it sounds unreliable?.
In my own case Yes I have. There is a risk certainly, but it is a worthwhile risk............. you wanna die.
And besides I am totally sure .....there will be people already done it.
When you are dead, nobody going to get you. death is a fact, is not a ticket for a raffle.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Someone posted once that if you're an adult, legally family members are NOT responsible for your debts after death/suicide but it helps if you leave legal documents pointing this out as the banks will try to muscle it outta them (not 100% that that poster was referring to US law or...?)

Reactions: AngelGirl, oopswronglife and HGL91

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Why it sounds unreliable?.
In my own case Yes I have. There is a risk certainly, but it is a worthwhile risk............. you wanna die.
And besides I am totally sure .....there will be people already done it.
When you are dead, nobody going to get you. death is a fact, is not a ticket for a raffle.

Because I chicken out every time, but some don't, or course. I was entertaining the thought ending up with an unstoppable urge to live and a huge loan, but people in power stepping on my tail would probably push me towards suicide anyway... But someone's perspective may be different, and I'm sharing mine.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife and Sever
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Because I chicken out every time, but some don't, or course. I was entertaining the thought ending up with an unstoppable urge to live and a huge loan, but people in power stepping on my tail would probably push me towards suicide anyway... But someone's perspective may be different, and I'm sharing mine.
Yes it is.

My perspective is different, and indeed I am glad about you are sharing yours.
But,
If you have a method. Obviously into a wardobre, a box.....not a planning, not a thought. A real proof method.
You have a will to do it.
Besides, you have issues legally resolved.
And the end targeted. A real answer to ask yourself why do I going to do it?. I would not travel, each one has a reason.

I do not have all fixed, just some......too bad.

B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Never, ever, make a decision on the assumption that you'll succeed with CTB and won't be around to face the consequences. That strategy frequently goes sideways.

Reactions: Menschenfeind, Alchemist, oopswronglife and 5 others
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Never, ever, make a decision on the assumption that you'll succeed with CTB and won't be around to face the consequences. That strategy frequently goes sideways.

About strategy I do not to be quite clear........sideways. Sorry I do not get it.

Suicide or self deliverance or killyourself is make a decision and all actions have their consequences....................................

There are people who getting jumping. A fail. It is a decision.
They became quadraplegics. A consequence. Huge consequence.

The argument is invalid for me. Risk, it is called risk.

Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
I don't care about them really, they're awful people anyway
I believe with most debt the contract is cancelled with death. I know this is true for student loans. I never heard of debt being shifted to someone else if the debter dies.
Death cancels debt contracts. I know its that way for student loans. I have never heard of debt being shifted to someone else if the debter dies.
If you take this route, can't get cold feet when its time to follow through!

Last edited:
Reactions: oopswronglife
M

Morto

Jul 3, 2019
Is it a big deal to owe to banks in your countries? In mine its not (actually I oew them), the maximum you get is some people calling you trying to renegotiate the debt. I dont know if the op means to loan money from somewhere or someone else, like wrong people and this stuff, but banks I dont think is a big deal even in the worst case (if the attempt doesnt work). I dont know if changes much from country to country, but at least here you just get a bad score and get some calls, and aftet an while you can negotiate the debt for a real smaller value, like 20% or 15% of the whole debt.

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019

Once in a while there is some real, practical, sensible advice on this forum. This is one of them.

Reactions: JWL, Lovedove, Vegrau and 1 other person
I

IveHadEnough

a defective cell
Jul 17, 2019
Is it a big deal to owe to banks in your countries? In mine its not (actually I oew them), the maximum you get is some people calling you trying to renegotiate the debt. I dont know if the op means to loan money from somewhere or someone else, like wrong people and this stuff, but banks I dont think is a big deal even in the worst case (if the attempt doesnt work). I dont know if changes much from country to country, but at least here you just get a bad score and get some calls, and aftet an while you can negotiate the debt for a real smaller value, like 20% or 15% of the whole debt.
It's not a super big deal but you're going to get some annoying calls from time to time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morto
S

stoney126

Jul 18, 2019

Not the way debt works.

The debt will 100% be cancelled upon your death, unless someone else is co-signing. Any remaining debt would be taken out of your estate (lol).

Anyone in your family will have no liability towards said debt unless they cosign; but debt collectors will still try to collect and guilt family members into paying. They are not legally liable though.

Reactions: IveHadEnough and oopswronglife
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Not the way debt works.

The debt will 100% be cancelled upon your death, unless someone else is co-signing. Any remaining debt would be taken out of your estate (lol).

Anyone in your family will have no liability towards said debt unless they cosign; but debt collectors will still try to collect and guilt family members into paying. They are not legally liable though.

Is that U.S. law or more international?

In Thailand, for example all debts (& purchases) acquired during the course of a marriage [ thai to thai and thai to foreigner] is shared 50/50 at divorce. Uncertain about death but I think it sticks to the spouse, at least.

S

stoney126

Jul 18, 2019
Is that U.S. law or more international?

In Thailand, for example all debts (& purchases) acquired during the course of a marriage [ thai to thai and thai to foreigner] is shared 50/50 at divorce. Uncertain about death but I think it sticks to the spouse, at least.

Pretty sure it is international, to an extent.

But yeah, marriages are different. I didn't touch on those, because that would be a different issue all together. The debt would likely be split 50/50, but the spouse would have a chance to appeal that they were unaware of the loan.

I would imagine that CTB when you are married is a different beast altogether though, and there would be many additional steps you would take.

Reactions: BipolarExpat
M

Morto

Jul 3, 2019
But from another point of view, is it really possible to enjoy and have a good time knowing you are going to cbt really soon? I think doing this makes you even more anxious and kind of sad, i dont know. I just dont think I would be able to do that. If im traveling or doing enjoyable things, its probably cause im not thinking in cbt anymore.

LifeOver

LifeOver

Professional Suicide Attempter
Jul 23, 2019
I can just imagine banks shutting down and the world in total chaos if everyone who ctbs does this lol

Reactions: IveHadEnough and BipolarExpat
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
^ yah! Fuk the bankers anyway

Bigger crooks than most politicians

Reactions: IveHadEnough
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I can just imagine banks shutting down and the world in total chaos if everyone who ctbs does this lol

It would be a rounding error to them. Even though the number of people who ctb is heartbreaking and massive when looked at, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the larger population and the amount of money banks move. They wouldn't even feel it.

Reactions: Morto
LifeOver

LifeOver

Professional Suicide Attempter
Jul 23, 2019
It would be a rounding error to them. Even though the number of people who ctb is heartbreaking and massive when looked at, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the larger population and the amount of money banks move. They wouldn't even feel it.
Even so, those narrow minded people would probably rage over the loss of a "small sum of money". Just watch as banks make a new rule that you must provide verification that you are not suicidal before borrowing money.

Etherealdignity333

Etherealdignity333

Ad Astra
Jul 21, 2019
I took out a loan for a lawyer to defend my license, then ended up finding a cheaper one, and I am happy for a little extra cash to pad my final days.

I would say do it, but only if you are 150% certain that you are going to die. Otherwise, you just dig a deeper hole for yourself.

FF777

FF777

Death is a natural part of life..
Jul 21, 2019
I can't see why it wouldn't be a good idea but ONLY IF you are completely certain that you are going to ctb and won't change your mind later..
And like other people have said, I think even if you didn't pay it back, it would just lead to hurting your credit score and annoying debt collectors will start calling you and it will be hard to get an other loan in the future.. And even then you could probably file for bankruptcy..

And yeah, international banking cartels can suck my big toe for all I care..

Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I would not do anything like this, I think doing things that can make you feel cornered or pressured into having to CTB are a very bad idea. I think having as much freedom and choice about it makes it easier, it removes so much panic.

The Mute Viking

The Mute Viking

α †⊕r†⊕urεd p⊕ε†
Oct 10, 2018
Blah blah all these post.

I think this is a great idea, because they cannot enforce debt on your family etc and even if they do. Who cares, you'll be dead.

NOTHING WILL MATTER, most of the posters in this thread reek of hidden anti-CTB, be weary of them.

C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
An easy question. Yes or not.

Hyphotetically:
You have enough amount of sodium pentobarbitol, for instance 2N.
Would you do it?, or not .....I would do it.

Last edited: