• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ww42

Ww42

Student
Feb 24, 2024
Is it possible to buy a gun with an involuntary psychiatric EOD order in your history? Will they even check that in a background check?

Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
It depends which state, but most do not allow gun sales to people who have been involuntarily detained. But in some states, I think you can still buy a hunting rifle or shotgun (just not a handgun or assault rifle). And in some states, background checks are not required for any gun purchases if buying from a gun show or a private seller.

Basically, in America, there is nothing that can stop a person who is determined to get a gun from getting a gun.

• Informative
Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice, DyingToDie123, innominesatanas44 and 1 other person
Ww42

Ww42

Student
Feb 24, 2024
It depends which state, but most do not allow gun sales to people who have been involuntarily detained. But in some states, I think you can still buy a hunting rifle or shotgun (just not a handgun or assault rifle). And in some states, background checks are not required for any gun purchases if buying from a gun show or a private seller.

Basically, in America, there is nothing that can stop a person who is determined to get a gun from getting a gun.
My state does not require private sellers to do a background check. So i guess if i find a private seller, im good then

Reactions: Forveleth and Guy Smiley
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
My state does not require private sellers to do a background check. So i guess if i find a private seller, im good then

You're golden then. There are websites where private sellers list their guns they're selling. You should be able to buy pretty much any type of gun you want with ease. God bless America :))

• Yay!
Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
If you're from the UK, what the chances of you getting your hands on a gun if you're visiting america?

Could apply for citizenship and acquire a gun? I've seen alot of videos of people killing themselves at firing ranges.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
If you're from the UK, what the chances of you getting your hands on a gun if you're visiting america?

Could apply for citizenship and acquire a gun? I've seen alot of videos of people killing themselves at firing ranges.
It takes several years to get citizenship in the US so your plan may be slightly delayed. Your best bet is to find a state with lax gun laws for private sales.

Reactions: innominesatanas44 and Guy Smiley
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
It takes several years to get citizenship in the US so your plan may be slightly delayed. Your best bet is to find a state with lax gun laws for private sales.
Any suggestions?

So there are states where anyone can show up at a gun fair and by a shotgun?

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Any suggestions?

I don't have gun laws for all 50 states memorized (and they're all different), so I don't know. However, states that are more rural and/or southern tend to be more lax about guns:
  • South Carolina?
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Mississippi
  • Florida
  • Louisiana
  • Arkansas
  • Tennessee
  • Kentucky?
  • Wyoming
  • Montana
  • Idaho
  • North Dakota?
  • Alaska
You will have to check laws individually in these states but these are going to be your best bet.

Reactions: Dark Window
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
I don't have gun laws for all 50 states memorized (and they're all different), so I don't know. However, states that are more rural and/or southern tend to be more lax about guns:
  • South Carolina?
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Mississippi
  • Florida
  • Louisiana
  • Arkansas
  • Tennessee
  • Kentucky?
  • Wyoming
  • Montana
  • Idaho
  • North Dakota?
  • Alaska
You will have to check laws individually in these states but these are going to be your best bet.

Add Arizona and Texas to that list.

Any suggestions?

Yes, there are many states where anyone can show up at a gun show and buy any kind of gun they want without any background check. There are also several states where anyone can buy any kind of gun they want from a private seller. The states listed by @Forveleth (plus Arizona and Texas) have lax gun laws and are good starting points. Technically, the seller is supposed to require identification that proves the buyer is a resident of the state, but plenty of sellers won't even ask for this. And even if they ask for it, you could just tell them you've recently moved there and are still waiting for your state ID or driver's license. Make them a good offer (more than they're asking for) and they'll probably go ahead and sell to you. As far as purchasing ammunition, you can buy that at any gun store without any ID.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I don't have gun laws for all 50 states memorized (and they're all different), so I don't know. However, states that are more rural and/or southern tend to be more lax
I know you missed my state, and probably many others, where anyone can can 100% go to a gun show, and unless the person selling there is a registered dealer, there is no background check or paperwork.
Just trade cash for gun.
And I mean, there are lots of other places besides gun shows where people buy and sell guns.
Local advertising papers for instance

Seeing as how the 1st amendment doesn't only apply to US citizens, I can't imagine the 2nd would.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
Add Arizona and Texas to that list.

Yes, there are many states where anyone can show up at a gun show and buy any kind of gun they want without any background check. There are also several states where anyone can buy any kind of gun they want from a private seller. The states listed by @Forveleth (plus Arizona and Texas) have lax gun laws and are good starting points. Technically, the seller is supposed to require identification that proves the buyer is a resident of the state, but plenty of sellers won't even ask for this. And even if they ask for it, you could just tell them you've recently moved there and are still waiting for your state ID or driver's license. Make them a good offer (more than they're asking for) and they'll probably go ahead and sell to you. As far as purchasing ammunition, you can buy that at any gun store without any ID.
Thanks for this info.

Part of me is considering a trip to the states, purely to blow my head off with a shotgun lol.

Reactions: Guy Smiley
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think the laws only apply in shops.

Private sellers can pretty much do whatever they want. Maybe they have to make sure the buyer is over 18 but I doubt there are any other requirements.

I'm not American but I find the gun laws fascinating.