• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

notenough86

Apr 18, 2022
I am a 30 something year old female. Was treated for depression and anxiety by my primary care physician. He moved to the other side of the country and now I have a nurse practitioner that some of his patients were dispersed to. I have had horrible mood swings and early hurt feelings all my life and extreme depression for the past 5 years. I keep hitting walls with calling psychiatrists. What is the best way to get screened for mental illness and treated? I would prefer to not go into inpatient psych treatment...I worked psych in my town for 3 years...we all know each other. I just want to be able to function. Thank you all in advance.

• Hugs
Reactions: wilted_biography and Dead Meat
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
This question is difficult to answer because the medical system is different in each country. Maybe you can find support groups where you get help and ask your questions. Or your health insurance has any advise.

Reactions: notenough86
N

notenough86

Apr 18, 2022
This question is difficult to answer because the medical system is different in each country. Maybe you can find support groups where you get help and ask your questions. Or your health insurance has any advise.
Shoot i thought I typed my location. Midwest usa. Thank you!

wilted_biography

wilted_biography

Jun 11, 2022
I would try seeing an actual psychologist that possibly specializes in what you think you're dealing with! Just tell them you are looking to be officially diagnosed and seeking the best possible treatment for your symptoms. Psychiatrists don't really cut it—they hear you out mildly but their only true interest is in prescribing medications. Also primary care physicians and nurse practitioners are not really qualified to officially screen you for mental health either. As far as not being admitted into inpatient, I would just be reluctant to discuss suicidal ideation.

N

notenough86

Apr 18, 2022
I would try seeing an actual psychologist that possibly specializes in what you think you're dealing with! Just tell them you are looking to be officially diagnosed and seeking the best possible treatment for your symptoms. Psychiatrists don't really cut it—they hear you out mildly but their only true interest is in prescribing medications. Also primary care physicians and nurse practitioners are not really qualified to officially screen you for mental health either. As far as not being admitted into inpatient, I would just be reluctant to discuss suicidal ideation.
Thank you so much

Reactions: wilted_biography
wilted_biography

wilted_biography

Jun 11, 2022
Thank you so much
It sounds like you've gotten a general diagnosis but PC docs and nurse practitioners are more so trying to throw a noodle to the wall and see if it sticks! It is dangerous imo to almost blindly "diagnose" someone and prescribe meds with almost zero training. A real psychologist will dive into the nitty-gritty details of what you're actually dealing with! Best to you!

• Love
Reactions: notenough86
J

justsome1

Apr 13, 2022
Are you working with a licensed mental health therapist? They usually cannot diagnose or prescribe meds, but usually have working relationships with a network of folks who can, and a good therapist generally knows the good psychologists or MD's in your area who would be a good fit for you. Also working with a therapist and a psychologist can be really helpful. A word of caution due to the nature of this site. Both are mandated reporters. But if they are good at their jobs they will only report if they believe there is a true danger, not just a struggle with thoughts of CTB. Good luck to you!