N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am mad, angry, sad and just overwhelmed by this fucking bullshit.
I read it some days ago but it seems to be way worse than I initially thought. The more I read the more it fucks me up. I am so annoyed and angry by that.
Here is a very good article in German language.

The name of the text is death cannot be prohibited. 2020 the German highet court ruled that Germany should have one of the most liberal assisted suicide laws in the world. Many conservatives were really opposed to it and wanted to ignore it. When no new law is passed the market keeps unregulated. I was always was in favor of a new assisted suicide law because I hoped that they would make it it free of charge because I don't have the money for the assessment papers.

Damn boy I was so wrong. I was so happy about the last elections. The conservative-religious lost. But I am stunned when I read who supports this new law. Even politicians of the liberal party which is in favor of self-determination support it. Fuck you hypocrites! And it seems like the majority of deputies would be in favor for this new law. The new law is very very restrictive it makes assisted suicide almost impossible. They try to interpret the judgment as restrictive as possible. Fuck you! And these parties claim to be in favor of civil right and self-determination. I am so upset. You politicians make people like me very cynical about politics. The chancellor even promised that there will come a new assisted suicide law. Fuck you!

In the linked article they say this is probably against the will of the highest court. They try to exhaust all options to make it as good as impossible to get approved for assisted suicide. In my opinion this is clearly against the constitution. The highest court was really explicit about the right to die and argumented that everyone should have the right to get helped in the process of dying. There is one hope left. In another article they wrote the assisted suicide organisations will protest if this bill passes. They will try to file a law suit against it. I hope so much they succeed. However there is one big problem. The highest judge who was really much pro-choice is no part of the court anymore. Instead it is a christian conservative-religious.

Fun fact. When the highest court announced the decision 2020 the listeners gave them standing-ovations (I think this never ever happened before.) So you politicians you act against the will of the German people I despise you if this gets passed.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: dggtscccvfd, darkwater, Bahbah Blacksheep and 9 others
L

LoveTakesManyForms

Student
Sep 9, 2021
Great; force miserable people to die alone in despair and pain... Logical. Ethical. Great work... 🙄
Everybody gansta till life becomes an unrecognisable nightmare... then the tune will change real quick I'm sure!

Reactions: Crazy4u, Wrennie and noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I just listened a podcast about this new assisted suicide law. I knew it would make me extremely mad. The journalist is an extreme pro-lifer. I heard terrible stances of her about suicidal people. Really disgusting sentences. She interviewed the politician who is responsible for this new draft for a new (pro-life) assisted suicide law. (which violates imo the constitution)
Both had absolutely no clue what they were talking about. They repeated a lot of stereotypes and cliches about suicidal people. Very biased and patronizing. They used so much strawman arguments etc.
And by the way they were factual wrong in some parts. Both pretended during November/Winter the suicide rates would be the highest. This is factually wrong. In summer there are the highest suicide rates. Both pretended it. It makes me really mad that such incompetent people are in power. If someone wants to listen to this podcast I can give the link. (Of course it is in German though)

• Informative
Reactions: Wrennie
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
The conservative-religious lost. But I am stunned when I read who supports this new law. Even politicians of the liberal party which is in favor of self-determination support it.
As an american let me say welcome to the club.

Reactions: noname223
Onthe29th

Onthe29th

Experienced
Dec 28, 2021
Too bad, they'll never change their mind because they don't know what it's like to be in our shoes. Either way, people who truly want to ctb will always find a way.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Too bad, they'll never change their mind because they don't know what it's like to be in our shoes. Either way, people who truly want to ctb will always find a way.
I don't agree to the last point. There are many people who fail to ctb and end up brain damaged. The likelihood that a suicide attempt fails is very high if we look at statistics.

Reactions: settheory
Onthe29th

Onthe29th

Experienced
Dec 28, 2021
I don't agree to the last point. There are many people who fail to ctb and end up brain damaged. The likelihood that a suicide attempt fails is very high if we look at statistics.
I looked at the statistics and you're right. If someone wants to ctb, they attempt to find a way regardless of restrictions like this.

Last edited:
settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
Sklavische ("Freie") Demokratische Partei. And two other shitheads in power. Most of those who pretend to love and value freedom actually hate it.
Also may i ask who do you think will oppose the law? It would be surprising to me if the greens supported it. Die Linke also might not be in favour, it seems.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sanva