Dec 15, 2021

This guy was ahead of his time.

• Yay!
Reactions: Euthanza, NobodyKnowsMe, justsayin and 5 others
playing_ostrich

playing_ostrich

life dropout
May 2, 2022
I feel like it's the same thing with suicide prevention. Ironically people become so engrossed and radicalized by their cause that they miss the whole point of what they were fighting for in the first place.

You "care" so much about preventing suicide that you eventually treat suicidal people as objects than people. YOU put your OWN wants and convictions above those who you believe are incapable of making their own choices.

In fact, the problem is this whole "fighting for" mindset. It enables you to hurt and even kill those who aren't on your side. It allows you to dehumanize and only idolize those who are on your side. It makes you hate people you haven't even met. Sure, I think the prolife arguments don't quite hold up, but that doesn't mean I need to hate every pro life person.

This applies to both prolife and prochoice, (ignoring the validity of the arguments used) if it creates an us vs them mindset then you will always be in the wrong... Its a slippery slope and this is the one the countless things humans have never learned.

ok ted talk over lol

• Love
Reactions: Euthanza, NobodyKnowsMe, archipelago and 5 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
George Carlin is incredibly based. He predicted so much of the artificality which was beginning to seep into the fabric of modern culture

• Love
Reactions: Euthanza, archipelago, NobodyKnowsMe and 4 others