• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

levymarie

levymarie

Jun 3, 2019
Hello I was curious about yall's experiences. I believe my suicidal tendencies are a mixture of genetics and circumstance. Genetically I come from a fucked up background. Mental illness and addiction run rampant in my biological family. I also dealt with early child hood trauma and many other issues growing up. Sometimes I wonder if I had made different decsions if I would be happier. However then I remember my families background and I dont think it would make much of a difference. Ive been suffering from depression, anxiety, ocd, paranoia, and delusions since I was 14.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, puppy9, throwaway123 and 1 other person
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
Circumstance. While mental illness does run in the family, it's all passed down through abuse or neglect.

Reactions: levymarie, Soul and lululoo
Slate128

Slate128

May 5, 2019
Mostly genetics, but there have been a few circumstances. I don't want to say it's all because of 'how shitty my life is.' I've had a decent life. And while it isn't rampant in my family, there is a decent, upper-average amount going on. Most of it is down to how terrible of a human being I am. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: levymarie
D

DoesANameEvenMatter

Young and Suicidal
Jun 15, 2019
For me.. somehow I stopped feeling things. Idk how it is for everyone else but I can no longer be happy or sad or depressed.. its pure emptiness. It might be genetic but I remember it wasn't always like this. No clue.. maybe circumstance, maybe genetics. All I know is I wanna die haha

• Love
Reactions: Slate128
M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
suicide runs in my family. In my case I believe nature won out over nurture as my family is lovely and made what should have been a great life for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meretlein, Slate128 and blanketyblk
mpti

mpti

Feb 19, 2019
I would guess it's mostly genes in my circumstance. My family is normal enough, but I feel like I was just destined to be a fuckup.

Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Hello I was curious about yall's experiences. I believe my suicidal tendencies are a mixture of genetics and circumstance. Genetically I come from a fucked up background. Mental illness and addiction run rampant in my biological family. I also dealt with early child hood trauma and many other issues growing up. Sometimes I wonder if I had made different decsions if I would be happier. However then I remember my families background and I dont think it would make much of a difference. Ive been suffering from depression, anxiety, ocd, paranoia, and delusions since I was 14.
For the most part genes have little to do with so-called mental illness. Poverty and child abuse are likely the two major indicators of a person developing habitual patterns known as "mental illness". And to put it shortly, we don't "choose" our reactions anymore than we "create" thought.

You stub your toe on the table it hurts, no amount of mystical thinking and self-help books will change that reaction, nor should it. You go into an active war zone you'll get ptsd, do we say war veterans are mentally challenged or do we say they experienced severe trauma that scar them for life? People react, build, and associate, it is physically impossible to create anything.

It's irresponsible, to say the least, to claim a system (the brain) we know little about is dysfunctional when we don't have a clue what it does or why/how it functions the way it does. We couldn't even replicate these functions, yet we're supposed to be believe in these quack-pot psychiatrist.

Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
Both in my case. My brain was already defective before birth, then birth trauma came and finished ruining my brain. My childhood was decently good despite not having a father around me (it was a good thing in my case since my grandfather definitely was a better paternal figure to look up to). I had a grandfather which bought me anything I wanted, and I wasn't aware of my disorders yet, but things changed when he became sick.
With no more stable income and insane medical bills, the family was buried in debt, and everything started falling when he discovered he had cancer. At some point, my uncle (a mentally ill parasite) came to live with us and bullied me in a daily basis and increased our debts by contributing with absolutely nothing at the expense of my grandmother and my grandfather's money while contributing with my anxiety disorder and low self-esteem. Then my grandfather died, we had to sell our house to pay for the doctors for doing nothing useful, my mother became depressed, we started moving on rent houses throughout the city with my parasite uncle following us, I stopped talking with my only friend, my lil' brother became a demon, I started realizing the extent of my disorders and started becoming hopeless, at some point everyone started treating my brother better than me, my mother divorced my father (that's a good thing, though), my parasitic uncle became a religious fanatic and made my mother force me to go to church, and it goes on...
Now we're on our tenth or so rent house because we can't pay our bills in time (because of my parasite uncle) and we are eventually kindly asked to look for another place to live by the owner of the house and everyone is against me because of my lil' brother, but at least something good finally happened, but it is not going to last long: my parasite uncle was arrested and is in jail, but of course my stupid grandmother is doing everything she can to free him so he can be back to pester us, but he better take care now and not dare to keep making my life an even worse hell than it already is. A person who has nothing to lose can be pretty dangerous to himself and the others.
Well, that was pretty long. If my memory of these events wasn't crap I could even write a book with all this drama.