On Replay

On Replay

What a day What a day
Sep 23, 2022
Generic , repetitive commentary upsets me to the core. maybe not everyone but with my experience … just shh & leave me to suffer in my mind

Take it how you want. But I cannot . This is why the thought of sticking with counseling pisses me off .. I can only think of how "smart" (or disrespectful) I'd get with my words.

What's your experience with therapy/counseling. Does it actually help you ?

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
I don't like generic "feel-good" advice either, even if it's well-intentioned. I think some people think I'm cold or lacking empathy, but it has more to do with me genuinely not knowing what to say or do that isn't just cliche or useless or both.

I've had some pretty bad experiences with therapy, but I'm currently seeing someone I can connect with.

• Informative
Reactions: On Replay
On Replay

On Replay

What a day What a day
Sep 23, 2022
I don't like generic "feel-good" advice either, even if it's well-intentioned. I think some people think I'm cold or lacking empathy, but it has more to do with me genuinely not knowing what to say or do that isn't just cliche or useless or both.

I've had some pretty bad experiences with therapy, but I'm currently seeing someone I can connect with.
You've found someone you connect with ? That's awesome . I know that's important too

My dad is a psychiatrist himself. He always threw that in my face. Maybe he messed it up for me haha. I mean he couldn't even help me..

But I'm glad you've found a good match.