• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Eugene "Gene" Sprague (December 11, 1969 – May 11, 2004) was born in San Francisco, the son of an unmarried woman who did not want to be a mother. When she learned she was pregnant, she decided to raise him and became the most important figure in his life. Sprague suffered from depression during adolescence, and openly shared his suicidal thoughts with friends. However, they did not take him seriously because he always spoke of it in jest. According to Sprague's godmother, he even told his mother he wanted to kill himself.

After his mother died of cancer, Sprague became obsessed with suicide. He made contacts through the Internet and moved to St. Louis, Missouri for a new beginning, but said he planned to jump off a bridge in that city or lie on the railroad tracks to end his life. After these threats, his friends sent him money to take a bus back to California, where he stayed and went on job interviews.

On May 11, 2004, while the film crew was filming, Sprague appeared at the Golden Gate Bridge and walked back and forth over the bridge for ninety-three minutes. Eventually, he climbed the railing, sat for a few seconds, then stood with his back to the water and fell. Sprague then fell with no movement to the water in 4 seconds traveling at 75 mph.

(Information taken from: https://manelew.tumblr(dot)com/post/99322903987/eugene-gene-sprague-december-11-1969-may-11).

Here's footage of his jump at the Golden Gate Bridge:

Tumblr 2f333e78a084232e1ab8ba56f3cb674d 6acb336e 500

The footage features in the 2006 documentary film The Bridge, which provides more details about his life. The film can be watched on YouTube.

A picture of Sprague:

sprague.jpg

May he rest in peace.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Endex, Mary5689, Un- and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The thought of jumping is terrifying to me, I could never ctb that way. At least now he is free from all pain and suffering.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Superdeterminist
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
I feel this guy when I watched the bridge. All I have is my mom and I'm 32 now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex and Superdeterminist
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
The thought of jumping is terrifying to me, I could never ctb that way. At least now he is free from all pain and suffering.
I couldn't either, it does seem so scary. Yes, that's the silver lining, he's free now...

Reactions: Endex
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Me neither. While the death itself is absolutely pain free it is terrifying to fall for so long knowing there won't be a soft landing. I always imagine all of my bones breaking in slow motion and my biggest fear would be changing my mind during the fall. I guess it's the method's biggest strength and downside at the same time to not be able to change your mind again.

Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
My best friend jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge on March 5, 2005. His body was never recovered. He had jumped off a highway overpass before that and just broke his legs and ankles and ended up in the hospital.

It took tremendous courage and strength to jump off the bridge. I wish I was as strong as he was.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, Mary5689, Superdeterminist and 1 other person
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I would be completely broken if I were to lose someone that important in my life. He must have really loved his mother.

As tragic as this story is, at least he is no longer suffering. I like to think that he is with his mother again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, Un- and Superdeterminist
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
My best friend jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge on March 5, 2005. His body was never recovered. He had jumped off a highway overpass before that and just broke his legs and ankles and ended up in the hospital.

It took tremendous courage and strength to jump off the bridge. I wish I was as strong as he was.
Wow...that's heartbreaking. Rest in peace to your friend.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex
thedaywillcome

thedaywillcome

I will leave soon
Apr 2, 2022
I would love to jump. But I cant.

Jumping is special kind of symbolic to me.