Piituri

Piituri

Feb 1, 2020
Are there any series or franchises that you keep coming back to simply because they make you relaxed? For me it is Pokemon. I grew up on it, and I always know what I am getting into each time a new one comes out.

A common criticism of the series is it is always the same, but while I wouldn't be against changing the formula, I like how it is consistent.

Are there any games like this to others here?

Reactions: TheSoulless, Brick In The Wall, Woodnote and 2 others
TheBigBurden

TheBigBurden

Antisocial and yet I’m here
Dec 27, 2019
I also love Pokémon, thinking about the new Pokémon game kept me going only to be disappointed in the new one I was like of the game will still be fine without all the Pokémon but ugh this new game feels so empty and now they want to sell me the things that should have already been in the game : ( so I just go back to sun and moon hunting shinies and having fun with the free wondertrade.
I also play a lot of Tetris it keeps me busy for hours. And I like to play Ark survival evolved because I like collecting a ton of pet Dino's and exploring.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Piituri
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Don't play any anymore. Deliberately deprive myself so it's easier to go through with and I forget what I'm missing. All those games and I love them dearly but if I'm honest with myself it can't make up for anything

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Amorphous Blob and TheBigBurden
Amorphous Blob

Amorphous Blob

Jan 30, 2020
Don't play any anymore. Deliberately deprive myself so it's easier to go through with and I forget what I'm missing. All those games and I love them dearly but if I'm honest with myself it can't make up for anything
I'm a bit similar, except I just can't get much enjoyment from them anymore. Might boot up a game for 20 mins or so before I'm bored out my mind and questioning what I'm doing.

Reactions: Piituri, Brick In The Wall and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
^
That too. Although for me it's probably more the difficulty. Lifes hard enough. If I'm going to play something it's something nice and easy for the umpteenth time.

Reactions: Piituri and Brick In The Wall
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I'll play yugioh occasionally. I can't take it seriously because they nerfed the archetypes I liked playing.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
J

Jaded Lemur

Feb 1, 2020
I play a lot of the Sims. At least my fake reality can be happy if real me can't.

Reactions: gentleflower, Sensei, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
My comfort game is A Hat in Time. Makes me feel like I'm a kid again.

BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I spend like a good 5 hours a day on Showdown. I love Pokemon!

UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
I recently started playing Animal Crossing Pocket camp. It's really fun to me and helping people puts me in a good mood. Also the sims. I pretty much just larp through there lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Piituri and Woodnote
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I find all the word games on here strangely relaxing. Weird, I know. But I stopped playing video games months ago. I just can't seem to find enjoyment in them anymore. I used to love pc games but now I'm sort of meh about them. I'm sure it's just depression rearing it's ugly head.

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
The day dreaming game.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Overwatch on PC or I bring around my Switch to university/hospitals. Pokemon is always my go-to for portability+relaxation. On that note, I haven't had any energy to finish my Sword playthrough. Something about that game really didn't motivate me to finish it.

epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Do not play any online or super competitive games if you want to relax.
Civilization 5 is a good game to relax . It is like age of empires but much better. You can load from "last saved" if you mess up. That will keep you from losing your head.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I play a lot of the Sims. At least my fake reality can be happy if real me can't.

I miss playing the sims, I loved sims 2 and all the CC, I looked into the sims 4 just for the mermaid island, but seriously cannot justify the cost, so now just stick to roblox

Reactions: Jaded Lemur, Brick In The Wall and epic
NeverHungry

NeverHungry

To eat or not to eat...
Jan 30, 2020
Halo CE. Started playing Halo when I was 6 or 7 years of age. Haven't stopped. Basically my comfort game.

• Love
Reactions: Piituri and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
There's some good mentions above. I've enjoyed most of them at some point.

Hotline Miami 1 & 2, BroForce, and Not A Hero are some of my more recent favorites.

Reactions: Sensei and Piituri
Hexen

Hexen

Student
Aug 12, 2019
The last game I enjoyed playing was resident evil 2 but lately I am not playing anything because I don't find it interesting anymore. I played all the games that were interesting to me. Right now I can't play games while my life is in a shitter but I will make an exception for resident evil 3 remake when it comes out.

• Aww..
Reactions: TheBigBurden and Piituri
SylvaanBanaan

SylvaanBanaan

Jun 19, 2019
Have any of you tried Stardew Valley?
Probably the most relaxing game i've played yet, honestly.

The sounds and colors and just the entire atmosphere of the game is so nice

• Love
Reactions: TheSoulless and Piituri
Piituri

Piituri

Feb 1, 2020
Have any of you tried Stardew Valley?
Probably the most relaxing game i've played yet, honestly.

The sounds and colors and just the entire atmosphere of the game is so nice
I fucking love Stardew Valley. Especially nodded, that game is so relaxing.

Reactions: SylvaanBanaan
gentleflower

gentleflower

Student
Jun 6, 2019
I do still play Sims. Have been playing it since I was 12 or so. I am not playing it very often anymore, but when I do, i can forget the time flowing

• Love
Reactions: Piituri
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I recently started WoW again. I'm not a hardcore player by any means, more of an explorer, so it's nice to play. I'm now leveling in Classic, though, so I might get into raiding at some point.

Pokemon is great, but haven't played the newest two gens. Lego games are also good, especially the Star Wars ones.

Reactions: Piituri