umjammertranner

umjammertranner

Not your friend
Mar 25, 2023
Are there any games that sometimes give you the hope/drive to keep living?

For me Persona 3 is the one game that I keep coming back to and thinking about, hearing the ending credits song sends me into a fit of tears and emotion, the worse it's going for me at the time the worse I feel when listening to it (but like in a cathartic way)

(apologies if this belongs in the recovery section btw, i'm very much past that tho and plan to ctb next month)

Reactions: sparkle, Sluggish_Slump and SalemKnives
SalemKnives

SalemKnives

Mar 27, 2023
for me it was persona 5, undertale, and omori!
as of recently its deltarune since i loved undertale since it came out and im excited to see the next of deltarune.
Whenever I see a new game that looks interesting i try to grow an attachment to its characters so that it's easier to fall in love with its plot and story.

Reactions: sparkle and umjammertranner
Danyyyyy

Danyyyyy

Yippee
Mar 19, 2023
For me it was just rhythm games, to distract myself from a cycle of just school and hw and sleep :D but now it's not just to keep on going, but to have fun in general :3

Reactions: sparkle and umjammertranner
Jaqen H'ghar

Jaqen H'ghar

Mar 31, 2023
Strategy games, civilization-building games, and Oblivion.

giphy.gif

Oblivion

200w.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

Total War

Reactions: ButterCat, sparkle and umjammertranner
catnap

catnap

stagnating
Mar 2, 2023
I'm obsessed with FF14 ^^ it's my comfort game. I also play Minecraft when I want to be creative or chill.

MV5BOWY4ZDM5MGYtNGRmYi00ZjU1LWE5N2ItYTcwZGM4OTMyN2U3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTY0Nzk1MzI V1

• Love
Reactions: Hirokami, Elidibus and sparkle
scamper

scamper

Nice to meet you
Mar 31, 2023
I don't think any games are directly keeping me alive, but I also really liked persona 3 when I played it 2 years ago. I still listen to some of the music from time to time.

Reactions: sparkle
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I mean, not keeping me alive, but I enjoy crafting games or games where you have to build a biome like in Planet Crafter or Terra Nil.

I'm trying to find more games similar to those.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
an3

an3

Apr 2, 2023
Minecraft and Valorant def help me take a step back, especially Minecraft I find it very peaceful and always come back to it

W

WonderfulWeatherDIE

Got all my sources lined up.
Apr 2, 2023
GTA San andreas
GTA 4
Red Dead Redemption 2
Strategy games

sparkle

sparkle

‏‏‎ ‎
Apr 2, 2023
Persona 3 was a fun one, but I don't play many video games these days, I tried vrchat but I just can't get into it. Replayed vampire the masquerade bloodlines recently, one of my favorites, and another great rpg if you can look past the flaws. I wouldn't say they give me hope, not at all, just a distraction. :meh:

Reactions: scamper
Elidibus

Elidibus

Riding home
Mar 27, 2023
Final Fantasy XIV.

There's a part in the story that explores the themes of despair and hope that resonate pretty strongly with me right now to nobody's surprise. Especially lately it's given me a lot of comfort.

Listening to music from it every day now. Could recommend the soundtrack to anyone on it's own but it will always hit stronger if you have the context and a memory to associate with it.

I will feel pathetic for saying this, even though I would always encourage others to hold onto any reason they can find to keep up the fight, but this game, the future of it, and the people I play with, are almost the sole reason enough for me to go on, along with my cat. Almost.

Not going to evangelize the free trial that includes the award-winning Heavensward expansion too much, but can say that I do recommend it.
If anyone wants to start on European servers, I would be happy to help you out.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hirokami, catnap, umjammertranner and 1 other person
SatouR

SatouR

Spiraling into insanity
Mar 29, 2023
The last couple days were realy hard since i had nothing to do, no friends to talk to or games to play (over 200 games but no motivation to play anything) so i was left alone with the usual thoughts.
To distract from them i self-harm.
The good thing is that a couple of friends started a Minecraft server wich is a perfect distraction.

Reactions: umjammertranner
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Like a few others on here, XIV. Just got back into it not too long ago, and now I have the incessant need to see the end of Endwalker + its patch quests. Plus, that whole game is an escape for me. I get to be in a world far away, exploring every inch of it. One day, I'll own a house in it and then it'll really feel like a second home to me.

FinalBossu

FinalBossu

Feb 24, 2021
For me, it's Cyberpunk 2077. The game highlights everything that I hate about this world and our society. It's a showcase of the absolute worst that humanity has to offer. It's incredibly dark, grim, and depressing. But that's exactly why I like it. It's not afraid to address real life issues that no one else is talking about. On one hand, sometimes it feels bleak and hopeless because society is headed towards a cyberpunk dystopia and I feel kinda powerless to stop it. On the other hand, I feel like maybe it's worth it to stick around and keep on fighting... fighting for a better future while making a positive impact on the people that I meet along the way. I want to be like V and Silverhand and I guess that gives me motivation to not go down so easily. Also, Night City is incredibly comfy and well-designed and it satisfies the urban explorer side of me.

SleepingLessons

SleepingLessons

Always sleepy
Apr 29, 2023
Night in the Woods was a game that has kept me going in some pretty dark times. It deals with depression and other mental health issues, but is also just really interesting and engaging outside of that. It feels like being home.

unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
For a while, it was the Final Kismet demo.

Untimely

Untimely

Student
Apr 21, 2023
The last couple days were realy hard since i had nothing to do, no friends to talk to or games to play (over 200 games but no motivation to play anything) so i was left alone with the usual thoughts.
To distract from them i self-harm.
The good thing is that a couple of friends started a Minecraft server wich is a perfect distraction.
the mc server sounds like a lot of fun. v jealous

• Hugs
Reactions: SatouR
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
For me it's the Watch Dogs games and Garry's mod singleplayer, I always have a lot of fun playing these and they sure serve well as distraction from my life problems.