A

AntiBan

Jan 19, 2019
I remember playing video games with music playing in the background and feeling excited
the feel of escaping from this world, if only for a few hours till I finished the game.

Now it barely ever comes back, that feeling. These days I barely get excited. Used to be excited by certain smells, by some songs.
Nowadays I feel empty most of the time, barely being able to feel like I used to. I'm pretty sure many adults much older than me have more faith in this world than I do despite their age.

• Hugs
Reactions: robin999, charlottewilts, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I remember playing video games with music playing in the background and feeling excited
the feel of escaping from this world, if only for a few hours till I finished the game.

Now it barely ever comes back, that feeling. These days I barely get excited. Used to be excited by certain smells, by some songs.
Nowadays I feel empty most of the time, barely being able to feel like I used to. I'm pretty sure many adults much older than me have more faith in this world than I do despite their age.
I feel the same.... Hate that you are suffering too.... I feel so lost and dead inside :hug:

SadNoodlez

SadNoodlez

Dec 6, 2019
I hope there will be a day soon where something like that excites you. It just sounds so sad to lose it, and honestly it is. I really hope you can find it again at some point.

Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I'm right there with you. I think it's because I have overused that outlet so much because it was my way of coping / distracting that it lost the feeling. My coping mechanism pretty much burnt out. But it's still all I have... The internet, this forum, music, television, and video games.

Reactions: TearyEyedQueen
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
As you get older and or more depressed everything starts to get boring. I used to play games with music and booze all the time and had a blast as well. But I can't enjoy it like I used to anymore either.

I've tried spending my time on other hobbies and interests recently. But even then I start to burn out quickly. You start to run out of copes eventually, if only there was a way to reset the enjoyment levels to what they once were.

Reactions: CarefulWithThatAxe
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I'm right there with you. I think it's because I have overused that outlet so much because it was my way of coping / distracting that it lost the feeling. My coping mechanism pretty much burnt out. But it's still all I have... The internet, this forum, music, television, and video games.
This! I couldn't have said it better myself. Like my brain used that a lot for coping mechanisms and grew tired of it.
I used to love listening to music but now it just reminds me on either bad times or happy times I'll never get back.

• Hugs
Reactions: Moonicide
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
This! I couldn't have said it better myself. Like my brain used that a lot for coping mechanisms and grew tired of it.
I used to love listening to music but now it just reminds me on either bad times or happy times I'll never get back.

Perhaps it's a burnout. In my case I did nothing but that. I never socialized much

• Hugs
Reactions: Moonicide and TearyEyedQueen
Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
I know what you are talking about. I used to feel the same. Playing video games and listening to music was probably my favorite thing. So I just lost it. I think it's because my life was a total mess. I'm getting better now and I must confess that the excitement is back, less intense, but significant. I even bought an Xbox last week. I hope your excitement returns, as games and music are a great escape from life's day-by-day shit.