sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
a few months ago i was skinny but now i'm on the borderline of overweight and i hate it so so much. I've been telling myself every few kilos that i need to stop RIGHT NOW but i can't because my litteral only hobby is eating & netflix because i don't have the interest, energy or anything to do anything else. that's all i look forward too every single day is eating in from of some random tv show.
it really really has to stop now though i really need to lose all my weight back and more asap, i don't want to have a body like this or worse
i know this isn't a weightloss forum or anything but it makes more sense to post this here i guess because i mean how humiliating would it be if i asked about this on some reg site plus i'm sure some of yall might give me better advice maybe

• Hugs
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, Dead Ghost, Marine and 1 other person
hopelessdreams

hopelessdreams

life and its opposite
Mar 1, 2022
im struggling with this too, actually. i've had an eating disorder for a few years now. went from not eating to gaining all of my weight back as of now. at first, i hated what i saw in the mirror. i hid in baggy clothes, was moody, insecure and didn't want to hang out with anyone. my depression worsened because i hated being in my own skin.

as of. a few weeks now however, that changed. i haven't lost any weight, but i've gained some of my confidence back. i started to accept my body as it is because honestly; who gives a fuck? nobody goes around judging people for their bodies, only insecure people do. i'm not looking to feel any more miserable then i do already, so i'm not going to put myself in that restrictive mindset of "i gotta lose weight" again. it has always backfired on me with binging.

Reactions: LittleJem, Cathy Ames and Foresight
Negrathecat

Negrathecat

Apr 28, 2020
This may be a very unpopular opinion but I don't necessarily believe that gaining weight is a bad thing. Yes being obese is unhealthy but when we are stressed or depressed or whatever the case may be gaining weight is just a guarantee. I struggle with obesity as well as bdd and I have moments where I love my body and moments where I hate my body, either way I could say just go to the gym everyday but that's easier said than done. It really all depends on you and the steps you're taking to lose the weight. If you aren't doing anything but venting on this site about it then honestly you're getting nowhere. You could see a nutritionist, that may be a good start.

Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
a few months ago i was skinny but now i'm on the borderline of overweight and i hate it so so much. I've been telling myself every few kilos that i need to stop RIGHT NOW but i can't because my litteral only hobby is eating & netflix because i don't have the interest, energy or anything to do anything else. that's all i look forward too every single day is eating in from of some random tv show.
it really really has to stop now though i really need to lose all my weight back and more asap, i don't want to have a body like this or worse
i know this isn't a weightloss forum or anything but it makes more sense to post this here i guess because i mean how humiliating would it be if i asked about this on some reg site plus i'm sure some of yall might give me better advice maybe
I'm in a similar situation and it's killing me too.

The only thing I can offer is buddying up to keep some kind of accountability, check in on how we're doing daily and see if that's helping ?

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Eat as little carbohydrates and fat as possible. You should be able to find plenty of healthy food to eat; meat, fruit, vegetables etc. And, if you can find the motivation, exercise is supposed to help too.

NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
I totally understand. It seems the more depressed I get, the more weight I gain and the less I'm able to convince myself to do anything about it -- no matter how much I hate myself because of it. And the more weight I gain, the more depressed I get and the more I hate myself.

I feel like I'm swirling down a toilet bowl with this issue.

• Hugs
Reactions: Marine
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this since I've had every ed under the sun and continue to suffer from one now. But I will say that trying to diet while in Binge mode will always lead to a disaster. Especially giving yourself a dead line. You're just putting more stress on yourself and more stress comes with more binge eating.

Deadweight

Deadweight

It's spilling out of me
Nov 10, 2021
Is there a parkrun event near you? It's a weekly 5k community event. I was reluctant to go because I have social anxiety dialed up to 11 but I found the people there really welcoming and encouraging, and I'm down from 130kg from emotional eating and inactivity to 98kg and I've made a few friends. I still struggle with anxiety and can seem a bit aloof at times but I disclosed my situation to the local organisers and they look out for me.

Not trying to cram it down your throat, just something that has worked for me that you could look into if you wanted

Reactions: Helpneedtips
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Are you on psych pills? I know certain psych pills caused me to constantly eat and I gained a lot of weight while taking them.

Reactions: wasteofspace22