N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Do you think it will be more difficult to kill yourself in about 10 or 20 years? I mean they regulate a lot. Decades ago you could overdose with sleeping pills and peacefully die.
If currencies are only digital it will be a lot easier to trace back the money. Moreover the internet will be more regulated. However in some countries assisted suicide might be available.

• Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking, wordsonscreen, mirko and 1 other person
N

Nicothe13th

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Carbon monoxide will still be a readily available easy go to.

Peaceful and easy, and hopefully painless.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and wordsonscreen
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, I think so. Any substance or chemical stuff, such as SN, will be more monitored.

I bet hanging or jumping will become more "popular"

Reactions: Lostandlooking, wordsonscreen and NodusTollens
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It's already too hard for me to find a good method, lol. Let's pray that boomers international get their shit together.

• Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen, killedbypsychiatry and Aloken
F

flyaway

Jul 11, 2020
It will definitely get harder. Looks like every peaceful method gets more restricted as soon as it gains popularity. But I also think that other methods will come around so if someone is really determined about it, there will always be a chance for a relatively painless ending.

• Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking, it's_all_a_game, wordsonscreen and 1 other person
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
imagine them adding suicide barriers everywhere.... yeah, they totally would. they are that stupid

• Aww..
Reactions: WornOutLife and wordsonscreen
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I actually think it will become easier, because attitudes towards suicide seem to be shifting to view it more favourably and it seems to be becoming less stigmatised/taboo. Could just be wishful thinking though.

Reactions: nolifer, Lostandlooking and Sensei
J

jakaka

Jan 15, 2021
I think it'll be more difficult. More control. There's a reason all the easier methods are phased out by being difficult to obtain and the traditional tride and true methods stick around ie. Hanging. I mean even celebrities with access to money and connections still result to hanging. Any option that makes it easy will be eliminated just as it has already happened. Sigh

Reactions: Lostandlooking and wordsonscreen
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I actually think it will become easier, because attitudes towards suicide seem to be shifting to view it more favourably and it seems to be becoming less stigmatised/taboo. Could just be wishful thinking though.

There are indeed tendencies towards legalizing euthanasia in several countries. Possibly, it will be legal in more countries than today 20 years from now. If I should venture a guess, I'd say that it will be legal in most Western countries 50 years from now.

Reactions: Superdeterminist
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
There are indeed tendencies towards legalizing euthanasia in several countries. Possibly, it will be legal in more countries than today 20 years from now. If I should venture a guess, I'd say that it will be legal in most Western countries 50 years from now.
I really, really hope so. As soon as possible please...

Reactions: wordsonscreen
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I can't ctb right now I need to wait 5-10 years because of personal reasons and I'm scared SN will be restricted like N by that time. And I don't think I can buy SN and store it for 10 years.

• Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking, wordsonscreen and Superdeterminist
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Yeah, I think so. Any substance or chemical stuff, such as SN, will be more monitored.

Agreed. I feel like we are headed towards this power grab moment in history which includes restriction of several freedoms. I think people are being more open about euthanasia but systems are not yet. Historically, things have gotten worse over time in terms of restriction of substances (except alcohol but they sure tried).

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
No. It has only been getting easier with time. Most rich countries are moving in the direction to be more permissive with it.

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
No. It has only been getting easier with time. Most rich countries are moving in the direction to be more permissive with it.
This is true but it has come with more restrictions on availability of substances in the general markets. But also, who am I to predict anything! I just hope that everyone always has a way to find peace in their lives and deaths.

Reactions: Lostandlooking