• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Not sure if this is just the UK but here it's taking too long to bury and cremate someone. It took nearly 2 months to cremate my brother as there are so many back logs, because of this we had to pay a lot of money for him to be embalmed.
Is this the same everywhere else?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Futility

Futility

Student
Aug 13, 2019
From what I learned when my mother passed, some people high up decided to earn more profit by cremating more than one person but still taking the same payment than they did originally, so they'll wait until enough bodies have been gathered so that they only have to start the machine once, reducing the cost of getting it up to a high enough temperature repeatedly.
It might just be a backlog if they're not greedy or don't have enough resources though, but honestly I'm quite baffled that a church of all things would be so capitalistic and not giving or even have the slightest bit understanding of poverty and grief.

Reactions: Rachel74 and Wolfjob_dayjob
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Not heard of that, funerals in my part of the UK seem to have a normal turnaround of a week or 2.

Reactions: Rachel74 and Wolfjob_dayjob
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Sometimes funeral directors will upsell "product", I heard... :/ that shouldn't be a thing but it could be the case...

Reactions: Rachel74
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
10 years ago my mom was 2 weeks but my brother nearly 2 months. He didn't even have an autopsy. Not sure it's because he was in a city but I remember the funeral director saying there was a huge back log and too many people were dying without enough plots and crematoriums.

• Aww..
Reactions: dreamsofdestruction and Wolfjob_dayjob
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
There's also a time of year to factor in. Winter time is re known for having more deaths than summer so that could be a factor.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
B

Belter

Oct 5, 2019
2 weeks maximum here unless its Christmas time which can then lead to delays. Also in UK

Reactions: Rachel74
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
2 weeks maximum here unless its Christmas time which can then lead to delays. Also in UK
Definitely must be Birmingham then and we had to
Opt for Friday 13th which we felt was meant to be!