Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
I'm curious by how funeral works in each country. Since when I was too young to know the concept of death I have been to many funerals to count that's why I want to know how other countries run the funeral, no need to state your country if you are not comfortable to write.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
E

Erik.t.f

Experienced
Jun 1, 2023
in norway we usually have a ceremony in the church
people offer their condolences to the next of kin, then the priest and the family say a few words, often followed by a song, then the coffin is carried and lowered to the grave

then you meet again to talk about the deceased and eat together

• Informative
Reactions: Blackpepperpancake
zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
no funeral for a suicidee in my culture

• Wow
Reactions: Blackpepperpancake and Erik.t.f
zeevo

zeevo

weakling
Nov 27, 2023
no funeral for a suicidee in my culture
I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive somehow, but I'd really like that I think. It'd be nice to be gone and know youre being forgotten

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Blackpepperpancake
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've mostly been to cremations in the UK. We tend to dress in black or dark colours. There is usually a service in a chapel. Most of the ones I've been to were Christian and full of God/Jesus references. Which kind of upset me a bit because not all the people were that religious. Kind of a- 'if you believe- you'll get to see heaven'. Not sure if that implies that those who don't- won't.

Seeing as my relations weren't really church goers, it meant that the person conducting the service didn't know them. They usually did their best to add in personal references- they tend to ask the family about them but- they always felt a bit cold to me. Not their fault of course. The most moving ones were when family relations gave personal eulogies- although- that's terribly brave I think. I don't think I could get through one for crying. Then, there tends to be a wake- a gathering of people at someone's house or a venue.

I do actually value funerals for their sense of closure. Quite a few members of my family had died by the time I was 10 but I didn't go to a funeral till I was 19. I think maybe it would have helped me to have gone to my Nana's funeral when I was 10 to say goodbye. My Grandma was the only one I saw dead. It was very distressing but, at the same time, it gave me a tangible sense that she had gone. I'm a mess at funerals though. I tend to cry pretty much the whole time.

• Love
Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
my english sn not that good for a detailed steps, but anyway.

in iran:
1- the day that you're going to be buried, they start to carry your coffin from your house to cemetery. they do some religious stuff and bury you after that. and your relatives invite them to have a launch in your house.
2- the next day people go to mosque and again do some religious stuff.
3- one week later, they come to your grave again and hang around.
4- 40 days later they come to your grave again and hang around
5- 1 year later they come to your grave once again and hang around :D

(recently most people skip the step 2 3 and 4)

• Informative
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
In Ireland we get drunk. Sometimes there's a 'wake' where the dead is propped up at home, or at a local bar (especially if in a village locale), and you can often have a nicer time with them than when they were alive.

I can't remember the rest of it really, it involves putting something in the ground, hearing words about them that seem to describe a different person, and then getting drunk. Yet again.

• Yay!