• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Should I take care of funeral arrangements myself or leave that for the living? I would prefer to not have a funeral, be cremated and not tell any family members etc(I wish instead I could just push a never born button) However I know funerals for the living not the dead, So maybe I should just let them have their dramatic moments however they see fit, What do you guys think? I am also not sure if I should leave a suicide note. Is it better for them to think I was just overwhelmed by emotions/ depression just got the best of me or this was really well thought out for a very long time and I see things clearly? I am not sure.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Should I take care of funeral arrangements myself or leave that for the living? I would prefer to not have a funeral, be cremated and not tell any family members etc(I wish instead I could just push a never born button) However I know funerals for the living not the dead, So maybe I should just let them have their dramatic moments however they see fit, What do you guys think? I am also not sure if I should leave a suicide note. Is it better for them to think I was just overwhelmed by emotions/ depression just got the best of me or this was really well thought out for a very long time and I see things clearly? I am not sure.

If you don't want a funeral you should mention that in your note. However, if what you think your family would want is important to you, I'd let them do as they want after you're gone. I would at least leave a note stating it's a suicide and a line about why... health, or depression, or finances, etc... you don't have to go into detail.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
If you don't want a funeral you should mention that in your note. However, if what you think your family would want is important to you, I'd let them do as they want after you're gone. I would at least leave a note stating it's a suicide and a line about why... health, or depression, or finances, etc... you don't have to go into detail.

It's really just because I do not think my life is worth living and I know it's very likely if i do not kill myself I am going to end up regretting it, as I always have. It's hard to explain that kind of thing to people.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
It's really just because I do not think my life is worth living and I know it's very likely if i do not kill myself I am going to end up regretting it, as I always have. It's hard to explain that kind of thing to people.

Just say that then, or whatever you feel like. You don't owe anyone an explanation, really. You just want to make it clear to police that you took your own life of your own choice.

Reactions: MAIO
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018

Once you're dead, your family members are not legally required to follow your wishes, unless you go through the process of getting a lawyer, a notarized living will, etc. My parents are Christian and will want a traditional Christian funeral, which I'd rather not have, but as you said, "funerals are for the living." In my note, I'm going to say, "I would like my body to be cremated and ashes spread in the ocean, but feel free to hold any kind of funeral you wish."

I think it's best to leave a note if there are any people who care about you. It will not lessen their grief, but it will at least help them understand why you did it. I mean, they won't really understand, but I think over time, it will help if they know that your decision was "rational" and not just a spur-of-the-moment thing.

Another member posted this guide about writing suicide notes:
https://archive.ashspace.org/ashbusstop.org/Note.html

Reactions: Lisa, FullFat, mwu14 and 1 other person
M

mwu14

Apr 21, 2018
"I think it's best to leave a note if there are any people who care about you. It will not lessen their grief, but it will at least help them understand why you did it. I mean, they won't really understand, but I think over time, it will help if they know that your decision was "rational" and not just a spur-of-the-moment thing."

I agree with this.

Last edited:
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Let the people who stay behind do as they wish. A funeral is a tradition for the living, not for the dead. Personally, I don't want a funeral, but I will be dead, hopefully not in some afterlife bullshit, but gone forever. It doesn't really matter to me whether they perform a funeral or not. If it helps them cope with my death, then I encourage them to perform a funeral ceremony. Or two. Or three. How many they deem necessary.

As for a suicide note, here is my take on the matter: Are you going to blame someone for your death/for wanting to die in the note? If so, don't bother. Don't ruin someone's life, the blame will eat them alive. If your plan is to explain why you want to die and relief your family from guilty, then please do leave a note.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and FullFat
ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
It doesnt matter how your body ends up after you are dead. Your life has ended, conciousness has stopped and your soul with it. You don't need to care about your body. Be happy you will find peace, and screw the rest.

As far as a note, mine will be either comedic, or damning towards individuals I disliked but will inevitably show up at the funeral. My greatest wish is that they have issues sleeping forever...but I digress. Whatever your note says, make sure it means what you want it to. Type it up. Ive seen one too many stories about "shit"ily written. Link, oh and its got some humor to lighten the day.
http://www.cracked.com/article_15658_the-ten-minute-suicide-guide.html