Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
Just sent out some feelers for mortuary services should anything happen. Looking into greener deaths, not necessarily out of some big eco-friendly attitude, but because I have a lot of opinions on the funeral industry and it feels like the best route to take the strain and stress (financial and mental) off anyone I'd be leaving behind -- especially considering how predatory some funeral homes can be when it comes to those in grief.

Feels like a reach, but is anyone making arrangements? Looking for any experiences or advice to be shared here by those taking any steps to have something set up after death -- granted, this is a very difficult time for a lot of these services, but all the more reason I want to be thoughtful and prepared.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Hope you arrange it to your satisfaction, if necessary. There cannot be a funeral for me, so I am both free of the bother and sad that this is the case. Suppose it will go like trash disposal for me.

E

EGR92

Student
Jul 4, 2020
I know what coffin i want, it's one I've always wanted - quite morbid really. I think I've always known I'd die young. But I'm not quite sure how i could tell anyone i want that coffin without revealing my intentions

Reactions: Ashwee73
A

Ashwee73

Jul 13, 2020
I decorated my tombstone really nice, hopefully it gets done the right way, but I won't know lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Escargot Shorts
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I've had my final affairs, DNR/Advanced Directives, obituary and arrangements done since I was legally able at 18. I keep updating them throughout the years. It's a very common topic in my family, and it's not unusual for me to bring up out of the blue with others.

When a close family member ctb recently, I was glad I had those conversations with him. I knew exactly what he wanted and it gave me peace and helped my grieving process. I feel obligated to finish his final requests, such as spreading him in the ocean, etc.

It's very sweet you're taking the burden off of your loved ones. I'm sure it'll help them to know that everything you decided on was exactly what you wanted. ♡

Reactions: virginiawoolf86
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I picked out my urn :heart: It was a good feeling. Taking some of the guesswork out of it for the people I'll leave behind seems like the polite thing to do. Same as cleaning stuff up and throwing things away.

I don't have any insights on making arrangements, but there was a thread on this sort of thing recently, in case you missed it.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-to-talk-about-my-funeral-arrangements.34153/

(I know thats a really alarming title lol but it's mostly people talking about how they made arrangements)

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I picked out my urn :heart: It was a good feeling. Taking some of the guesswork out of it for the people I'll leave behind seems like the polite thing to do. Same as cleaning stuff up and throwing things away.

I don't have any insights on making arrangements, but there was a thread on this sort of thing recently, in case you missed it.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-to-talk-about-my-funeral-arrangements.34153/

(I know thats a really alarming title lol but it's mostly people talking about how they made arrangements)
It's very unusual to mention to a funeral home about your plans. And it sucks they called the police, but they're considered mandated reporters weirdly enough. They can't risk their license. I definitely would never mention to them any plans, whether legal or not.

What type of urn did you pick out? We picked out a very colorful tie dye urn for my father in law. He really wasn't a sad or depressed person and always wore tie dye. Dementia and a lapse of reality was the cause of his ctb. It took about two weeks to come in due to shipping problems and payment problems due to the virus. I still haven't picked mine. That's the one piece I haven't decided on because my taste keeps changing as I get older. But I was so pleased with what we recieved from the company we chose, that I just might use them for myself. ♡