Where do you think the knot should be placed?

• Right Side

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Left Side

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Behind the neck

Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
From your research and study where do you think is the best place for the knot to be to pass out quickest?

Reactions: Ticket 2 Heaven
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
It seems that Behind the neck is still the best option, it is more comfortable if you think about it

Reactions: Ticket 2 Heaven and Shu
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
"According to a study by JL Luke5​, the most popular location of the knot in successful suicidal hangings is on the left, closely followed by the right and back of the neck." I wonder why more are on the left side? What makes them place it there?

• Informative
Reactions: Ticket 2 Heaven
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
"According to a study by JL Luke5​, the most popular location of the knot in successful suicidal hangings is on the left, closely followed by the right and back of the neck." I wonder why more are on the left side? What makes them place it there?

Bodies move and so do knots, especially while tightening. Initial placement of knot can differ from final one.

Reactions: empty, deleted, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Behind the neck is the best position because both carotids and the windpipe are closed. If you place the knot behind the neck the knot moves to the side of the rope that leads to your anchor point as soon as you hang. It happens because the rope digs into your neck and reduces you neck diameter about 50%.

• Informative
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Crazy4u, fatefulstillness and 1 other person
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Behind the neck is the best position because both carotids and the windpipe are closed. If you place the knot behind the neck the knot moves to the side of the rope that leads to your anchor point as soon as you hang. It happens because the rope digs into your neck and reduces you neck diameter about 50%.
I was hoping I could find a way to do FULL without fully closing the windpipe but I'm not sure if that's possible. Apparently there is a way to do it with a certain knot or position.

I am terrified of doing it wrong, not passing out and haven't to sit tyere wide awake not being able to breathe.

• Wow
Reactions: AnestheticVoid and Ticket 2 Heaven
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
I was hoping I could find a way to do FULL without fully closing the windpipe but I'm not sure if that's possible. Apparently there is a way to do it with a certain knot or position.

I am terrified of doing it wrong, not passing out and haven't to sit tyere wide awake not being able to breathe.

If the knot is under your chin the windpipe will not be closed, but there is the risk, that the carotids will not be closed completely. So it may take longer to black out.

Reactions: AnestheticVoid
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
If the knot is under your chin the windpipe will not be closed, but there is the risk, that the carotids will not be closed completely. So it may take longer to black out.
Personally you don't suggest putting it there though do you? I read that only 5% of people place it there.

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
It's gonna hurt for a bit regardless unless one finds a way to place it under the neck doing partial I guess.

Reactions: Solar1703
S

Solar1703

Student
Jun 13, 2021
If you do it properly that's the thing. Some people hang there conscious for 2/3 minutes
Yes, I heard that but only in case of partial. I hope it doesn't concern full suspension, which should quickly result in unconscious.

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I've seen videos of people in full suapension awake. Unless they are out and there body tries to grab at the rope still once they are out.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Personally you don't suggest putting it there though do you? I read that only 5% of people place it there.

I personally will not do it, I will place the knot in the back of my neck.

Reactions: Shu and Solar1703
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Thanks for your responses.
I'm using a 5mm cord I don't know what's going to happen. The worse is it breaks.

AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
Picking up rope today.

• Aww..
Reactions: Shu