waiting93

waiting93

May 25, 2023
What is the best size and type of rope for full suspension ? I don't think SN is viable for me so I'm going with plan B. Already know how to tie snuggle hitch and slipknot and have good support beam, just need a new rope . I'm 220 lbs if that helps

Bocchi

Bocchi

Oyasumi Oyasumi
Mar 26, 2023
What is the best size and type of rope for full suspension ? I don't think SN is viable for me so I'm going with plan B. Already know how to tie snuggle hitch and slipknot and have good support beam, just need a new rope . I'm 220 lbs if that helps
id suggest 1/2 inch jute rope, it should do the trick. other sizes work too, but if its too thin or thick it may not work properly or be too painful. im not sure if its true or not but i heard soaking the rope in warm water makes it more comfortable (softer and less scratchy). if you have a hard time committing, maybe try a CNS depressant such as alcohol. i pray that you choose to stick around but if you are committed to CTB then id rather you go as painlessly as possible. <3

Last edited:
waiting93

waiting93

May 25, 2023
id suggest 1/2 inch jute rope, it should do the trick. other sizes work too, but if its too thin or thick it may not work properly or be too painful. im not sure if its true or not but i heard soaking the rope in warm water makes it more comfortable (softer and less scratchy). if you have a hard time committing, maybe try a CNS depressant such as alcohol. i pray that you choose to stick around but if you are committed to CTB then id rather you go as painlessly as possible. <3
Okay thank you ! Honestly I would stick around if it wasn't for debilitating post concussion issues and stomach issues, but time is ticking and I'm not healthy enough to be a functional human , just constant suffering so ctb seems like the best option

• Hugs
Reactions: Bocchi
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
I heard bad things about jute. I'd personally go with polyester.

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
What's wrong with jute ? Other than it seems a little scratchy
It's weak material. I heard people having their rope snap. I don't recommend it.

Reactions: waiting93