F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
This is the entrance to the loft/attic in my bedroom. as you see there are wooden beams around the outside. They aren't made of hardwood but it's still pretty tough. I was thinking I could install a hook or peg on the wood there to place the noose. I wonder if my weight 165 pounds would cause the screws to tear through the wood

Anyone know what type of wood is seen here?

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_014202_573.jpg
    IMG_20210323_014202_573.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
How about getting something (wooden baton or metal pipe) to bridge across the gap and then hang the noose from that?

I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
I am thinking a hook or peg may strip through the wood, especially as you would get closer to the end with the movement. Agree with the above, maybe a metal pipe or something connecting in between to each side would be more sturdy and have a less likelihood to break.

F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
How about getting something (wooden baton or metal pipe) to bridge across the gap and then hang the noose from that?

you mean screw the baton down? Or it would roll around in the gap how would I secure the baton down

F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
Something like an l-shaped bracket at either end will hold it in place I should think.

now just need to work out how to install the bracket without an electric screw driver so my parents don't wonder why I'm going DIY in my bedroom which is unheard of for me

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
now just need to work out how to install the bracket without an electric screw driver so my parents don't wonder why I'm going DIY in my bedroom which is unheard of for me
If it's pine then it should be soft enough to do by hand.

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
How have I never thought of this. A flat piece of timber going across would be like a makeshift gallows. I always think tree but a sturdy piece of wood that would take my weight would be way better

F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
How have I never thought of this. A flat piece of timber going across would be like a makeshift gallows. I always think tree but a sturdy piece of wood that would take my weight would be way better

You have a trap door like this aswell?

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I have a piece of wood covering the hole. I'm going to get up and have a look. It's quite high as well. I reckon putting a beam across would do it. My gap seems smaller than other attics I've had so I'm not sure with the wood there a could get back through the gap?

F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
I have a piece of wood covering the hole. I'm going to get up and have a look. It's quite high as well. I reckon putting a beam across would do it. My gap seems smaller than other attics I've had so I'm not sure with the wood there a could get back through the gap?

Definitely worth a look as full suspension in the comfort of own home is preferable to a tree where you have to reckon with SI while being paranoid about people finding you