I

ineedtoleave

Student
Oct 3, 2020
Hi all...
So I am very ill and there is unfortunately no way this will improve so I am taking matters into my own hands. I first wanted to do SN but the one I have.. I don't think it's legit and if I get any worse I won't be able to CTB because I won't have any strength left.

I now have a 9mm nylon rope and I have a staircase where I can secure the rope. I will use a slipknot on one side but what kind of knot shall I use on the other side where I will secure it to the staircase? Is this rope thick enough and should I use padding or not? I know to place it just under my chin. Do I need to soap it? Will this be necessary? I couldn't find any sweet spot but I guess that's not important with full suspension hanging, correct? I have read through the whole megathread but could use some advice.

thank you!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Worndown and TimeToBiteTheDust
MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
You can test the SN, though those tests are not that accurate in my opinion (still better than nothing).
The wiki recommends the snuggle hitch, there's a link to a video there if you don't know what that is. You might soap it, but that is not a requirement, still, it can be a bit more comfortable that way, but it's not a determining factor for success. Yeah you are right, you don't really need a sweet spot for full, but even if you found it, the rope would probably go up on your neck under the weight of your body (which would be really uncomfortable I presume).

Reactions: ineedtoleave
I

ineedtoleave

Student
Oct 3, 2020
You can test the SN, though those tests are not that accurate in my opinion (still better than nothing).
The wiki recommends the snuggle hitch, there's a link to a video there if you don't know what that is. You might soap it, but that is not a requirement, still, it can be a bit more comfortable that way, but it's not a determining factor for success. Yeah you are right, you don't really need a sweet spot for full, but even if you found it, the rope would probably go up on your neck under the weight of your body (which would be really uncomfortable I presume).
I will order a thicker rope which might be better I think. Partial is not going to work for me I'm afraid.. any other tips?

Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
If you are not too heavy it could work

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I will order a thicker rope which might be better I think. Partial is not going to work for me I'm afraid.. any other tips?
The thickness should be fine, altough it depends on your weight as well, but you can always add padding. Also, you can't really fail with full, only in case the rope or the anchor point breaks, or you are found too early, and tie those knots well.

I

ineedtoleave

Student
Oct 3, 2020
If you are not too heavy it could work
But a thicker rope will be more 'comfortable'?
The thickness should be fine, altough it depends on your weight as well, but you can always add padding. Also, you can't really fail with full, only in case the rope or the anchor point breaks, or you are found too early, and tie those knots well.
Do you think a thicker rope will be more comfortable?

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
But too thick is also not so good. For a normal weight Person i would say 10mm is ok, 9mm would work. For more thatn 80kg I would use about 12-14mm

I

ineedtoleave

Student
Oct 3, 2020
But too thick is also not so good. For a normal weight Person i would say 10mm is ok, 9mm would work. For more thatn 80kg I would use about 12-14mm
Okay thank you! I will use a slipknot around my neck. Do you think I should use padding? I will place the slipknot underneath my jaw, do you agree? Do you think I'll go unconscious quickly?

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
You will pass out quick. But I would not use padding I think it wouldn´t matter much for the few seconds you will notice that you hang

Reactions: ineedtoleave and MiseryLovesMyCompany
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
9mm should be OK, I am 90kg and have a 10mm rope, and that thing will not break.
I would use some padding, but not much, just some cloth under the noose... for the comfort and for the marks on your neck (just in case you have to continue living for some reason).
Use some soap on the rope, so it ties up faster and better.
Slip-knot on noose and snuggle hitch on the anchor.

Good luck.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and ineedtoleave
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
  • Aww..
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, remington203, LonelyDude15 and 2 others
Noisette

Noisette

Mar 13, 2020
I'm just planning to use a little towel as padding