• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
I live in a rather large city relatively, but I just can't pinpoint a place to hang myself
5 years ago I remember walking through the woods, but couldn't find a tree trunk, all were either too thick or to thin, don't got a driving license, otherwise I would carry a chair and a ladder,
Can Any of you think of a general location to do full suspension ?

Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
Are you not able to tie off in your building / apartment, or on the building's rooftop? I know many cities also have pedestrian overpasses that should have a pretty substantial tie-off point.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Are you not able to tie off in your building / apartment, or on the building's rooftop? I know many cities also have pedestrian overpasses that should have a pretty substantial tie-off point.
With these locations another person can see them very easily- you need someplace where yo9u are confident no one will see you or hear you for 30 minutes- some people survive when taken down after 20 minutes because it takes a while for the windpipe to close off. Difficulty in finding a good location is why so many people don't use this method. If a person has a house to themselves sometimes they can hang from a rafter in the basement ceiling or in the garage. Some people use trees in remote locations but this is not easy to do and requires some athleticism.

FrootyBat

FrootyBat

Aug 11, 2022
Could you get a stud finder and put in a hook or planter holder of some type in the ceiling? Also maybe not a full suspension in case you change your mind? I've seen a fair few hanging and it seems like some of them grab for their neck when things start to sink in. No shame of course. Just give yourself options at as many possible steps of the way. I wish you luck with whatever you choose to do, my friend.

I will reiterate what other people have said. Do not do it in public if possible.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Could you get a stud finder and put in a hook or planter holder of some type in the ceiling? Also maybe not a full suspension in case you change your mind? I've seen a fair few hanging and it seems like some of them grab for their neck when things start to sink in. No shame of course. Just give yourself options at as many possible steps of the way. I wish you luck with whatever you choose to do, my friend.

I will reiterate what other people have said. Do not do it in public if possible.
Everyone grabs their neck during full suspension and it is very common that people who do it say they change their mind during the process- this happens with many methods. You need to be sure that it is the right decision for you befiorehand, knwoing that regrests during the process are often part of it for ctb. Full suspension should not be done unless you are sure, and the process is terrifying- is a few minutes to 10 or 20 ,minutes owtrh it to stop all the pain in your life? Each person must decide for themselves.

Partial fails most of the time. I would not start any ctb process unless you are very sure over a pretty long period of time that this is worth it for stopping the pain in your life.

AQ stud finder won't help, since any 2 by 4 will break under this stress. One thing I consdered was putting up a coupld of plastic shelving units that are very studry, and getting it close to the celing, and putting a strong bar across it like a weightlifting bar- this could maybe work- it would take a lot of work to get the setup right.

Reactions: FrootyBat and AreWeWinning
A

AreWeWinning

Student
Nov 1, 2021
I live in a rather large city relatively, but I just can't pinpoint a place to hang myself
5 years ago I remember walking through the woods, but couldn't find a tree trunk, all were either too thick or to thin, don't got a driving license, otherwise I would carry a chair and a ladder,
Can Any of you think of a general location to do full suspension ?
I think the two most likely suitable locations are either in the woods somewhere or in a house/flat/hotel room IF you can have the whole place for yourself.

I live in a city too. And I don't want to do it at home.

This leaves me with two choices: I either book a hotel room or an Airbnb and do it there, or I need to find a suitable tree in a park or a forest nearby. There are also abandoned areas and buildings in cities, especially in the outer districts.

It definitely requires some walking around! I have been doing it for some time, spent an afternoon here and there looking for places. I have found multiple suitable locations. My only problem is that these locations are not always nice enough. I also took the train, and did some hikes in the surrounding area, and there are some nicer locations outside the city.

Reactions: Nullm and Someone123